Lead Mobile Engineer, Camera
- Chicago, IL
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making IT and security easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
About the Team
Meraki MV is an enterprise-grade security camera system, and is a new and quickly growing product line. The cameras are cloud-managed, but store and process video at the edge, enabling privacy, data sovereignty, and scalability. Our mission is to bring Meraki simplicity to the physical security market, leaving our users delighted as they solve problems and answer questions using our system.
You will work closely with a small team of mobile engineers, the Meraki mobile platform team, design and product management. Your team's mission is to fill a key gap in our feature set - a mobile experience that makes it easy and fast to monitor feeds, install cameras, investigate incidents, and respond to alerts from mobile devices.
As the Technical Leader on the Meraki Camera Mobile Team, you will:
- Collaborate with the design and product management teams and decide what we should build, and why
- Work with the mobile platform team to utilize and expand Meraki's shared mobile app code base for the new camera app experience
- Design and build an experience that allows users to intuitively navigate up to 6 months of video, paired with rich metadata
- Bring the video wall - multiple video feeds on one screen - to the mobile app
- Enable using motion search - an area-of-interest tool for searching hours of video - on mobile
- Use Bluetooth or other technologies to enable a seamless out-of-box installation and provisioning flow for wireless cameras
- Guide and enable your team to build an app that we can support, and carry forward for many years - systems and designs that last
- Break down and prioritizing lists of product requirements into smaller, deployable features
- Perform technical design and code reviews
You are ideal for this role if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 2+ years of mentoring and technical leadership experience
- 4+ years of mobile software development experience
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Knowledge of multimedia and streaming video fundamentals (HLS, h.264 etc)
- Experience in mobile app development with two or more of the following (React Native, native Android, native iOS)
- Experience building connected mobile apps
- Experience prototyping, shipping, and iterating on a new product or complex feature
- Have the ability to influence, facilitate discussion, and work in partnership with other teams
- Strategic and product oriented mindset with a deep desire to understand users
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with rich multimedia - photo and video - mobile apps
- Knowledge of wireless protocols (e.g., 802.11, Bluetooth)
- Experience working on full stack web applications
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top