Consulting Systems Engineer, Service Provider - ANZ
- Sydney, Australia
At Cisco Meraki, we are known for simplifying powerful technology through our products and services - and for the people behind them. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our technology architecture is changing the face of networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything we do. Here, that means we take innovative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll be part of a diverse and inclusive team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired!
As a Consulting Systems Engineer, you’ll have the unique opportunity to interpret the technical vision of our most strategic Service Providers in ANZ and define Meraki’s technical pre-sales strategy for these accounts. You will own key relationships with technical partners, collaborate closely with the Meraki channel, direct sales and systems engineering teams to execute initiatives that you design to accelerate the adoption of Meraki products.
- Drive rapidly growing revenue for our most strategic Service Providers through technical engagements, solution development and technical training activities.
- Design high-level, detailed consultative solutions and provide technical pre-sales coverage for selected accounts.
- Build, demonstrate and document managed service technical solutions that showcase the full capabilities of the Meraki Platform.
- Champion the customer benefit of Cisco's cross-architecture product strategy, and use this knowledge to facilitate better collaboration across multiple Cisco teams and execute on the partner’s vision.
- Work with Cisco’s regional and global Service Provider teams to drive prioritization of technical resources and development of strategies to grow sales.
- Execute technical enablement training and service creation workshops for Service Providers that highlight Meraki Platform solutions.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- Extensive experience with designing or deploying wired and wireless networks, including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, network segmentation, SD-WAN and MPLS wide area networks, enterprise and carrier Wi-Fi.
- 5+ years of experience in technical pre-sales, post-sales, or product management roles (Systems Engineer, Sales Engineer, Solutions Architect, Network Engineer, Product Manager, etc.).
- Deep knowledge of the Service Provider and networking vendor landscape within the region.
- Broad industry knowledge of networking or software industry sales cycle, and validated negotiation techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to multitask and set priorities.
- Experience with object-oriented software development languages, Python, Java, C/C++.
- CCIE, CWNP, CWDP, CCNA, or CMNP certifications preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel up-to 50%
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Back to top