Consulting Systems Engineer - Public Sector
Want to be at the forefront of the Computer Networking industry?
Who We Are
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter! As a business unit of Cisco Systems, Meraki is the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world with products and technology architecture that are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud- managed IT a reality. Our team is focused on innovation and delighting customers which has enabled us to grow more than 100% year over year. Headquartered in San Francisco, the team has a growing international footprint with offices in Europe, Australia, Singapore, Japan, and China.”
What You will Do
We are looking for a “rising star” who is highly motivated, technically savvy and passionate to join Cisco’s Cloud Networking Group (CNG) as our next Consulting Sales Engineer. In this role, your primary responsibility will be to team up with a Product Sales Specialist and perform technical pre-sales activities for new and existing opportunities. You will be based in your home office with frequent travel to regional Cisco offices and customer sites.
- You will Utilize your in-depth knowledge of CNG’s networking solutions and our competitors' offerings, you will clearly demonstrate the benefits to both prospects and partners.
- You'll build product documentation for customers and perform competitive analysis regarding competing products
- You will perform site surveys and provide onsite deployment assistance on large deployments
- You will provide technical mentorship to channel partners and assist them in effectively selling the Cisco Meraki solution
- We highly use our pre-sales engineers, which means you have the opportunity to make excellent money while contributing to the success of the entire organization
Who You'll Work with
Internal cross function collaboration with the Product Management, Product Development/Engineering, Technical Marketing and Sales teams.
Who You are
- You act as the technical subject matter authority, thoroughly understanding products, features, functions, and benefits while being able to communicate to all level customers.
- You understand customer requirements for wireless networks and explain how Cisco Meraki will integrate with current infrastructure, as well as service future needs
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experienced knowledge of 802.11a/b/g/n wireless networks, site surveys, requirements gathering, deployment challenges
- You have a strong understanding of wired networks, including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLAN's, etc
- Understand wireless security methodologies, including 802.1x w/ RADIUS integration
- Consistent track record of 5-10 years in a pre-sales technical role (solutions architect, systems engineer, sales engineer, etc)
- Knowledge of sales cycle, strong verbal and written communication skills, and validated negotiation techniques
- Great relationship building skills, tenacity, resilience, presentation skills and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- CCIE, CWNP, CWDP, CCNA preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering or related discipline required
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Position does not provide sponsorship
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don't just accept difference - it's one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other's opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Back to top