Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
Want more jobs like this?
Get Software Engineering jobs in Flexible / Remote delivered to your inbox every week.
Engineering at Circle:
In 2020, Circle unveiled Circle APIs: a set of solutions and smarter technology to help businesses accept payments in a more global, scalable and efficient alternative to traditional banking rails (spoiler: we're using USD Coin under the hood).
In 2021, Circle launched Circle Account and Verite to help our users earn, manage, and secure their funds. We built foundational industry partnerships which grew USDC market cap by 10x+. To broaden the utility of USDC, we also added support for digital dollars on 6 new blockchains: SOL, XLM, HBAR, TRX, AVAX, FLOW.
Over the next year, we will continue to grow USD Coin and the Circle API platform to become the #1 US dollar stablecoin of the world by building, scaling and partnering with both web2 and web3 ecosystems. Expect to see product announcements and launches for L1, L2, DEFI, and Identity solutions!
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
Your team is responsible for:
As a senior leader on the Circle Platform Services team, you will manage teams that build and own scalable microservices that are responsible for reliable and secure APIs that transfer value & assets across all blockchain protocols (think Bitcoin and Ethereum, for example) as well as traditional banking protocols (think credit cards, bank transfers etc).
What you'll work on:
- Run day-to-day activities of a dynamic engineering teams, including requirements grooming, scrums, retrospectives and team outings
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems.
- Provide technical and architectural direction for the development, design, integration, testing, and maintenance of our platform
- Lead agile software processes for engineering teams and introduce best-in-class industry practices
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure the teams' contributions align with company objectives, develop technology roadmaps and set realistic product release schedules
- Perform full lifecycle of team management to attract, engage, retain, coach and performance manage teams of exceptional engineers (e.g., mentoring, recruiting, training and development, performance evaluation)
- Act as an internal ambassador for the engineering team to other groups, communicating the opportunities and constraints technology offers to the development of projects
- Manage technical debt to ensure our development velocity stays responsive and predictable while minimizing production incidents of our operations
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Circle's engineering management team
- Coordinate the execution of these activities working with cross-functional teams within Circle
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 3 or more years of experience with technical leadership
- 5 or more years of experience with software engineering
- Hands on technical manager experienced in designing, building and deploying secure, scalable products and services
- You love the idea of coaching and building leaders (both within your direct team and outside of your team)
- You have a passion for enabling and motivating people to do their best work
- You work very well cross-functionally, and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- You have experience managing remote teams
- The ability to thrive on a fast pace environment with high level of autonomy and responsibilities
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
The compensation range below is specific to Washington, D.C. Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $185,000 - $245,000
Annual Bonus Target: 15%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.