In search of...an exceptional Senior Proofreader/Editor.
Circa is a fast-growing, strategic communications agency specializing in animal healthcare located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. It’s a fun atmosphere where animal lovers, and even their dogs, will feel welcome!
The Senior Proofreader/Editor is responsible for the accuracy and stylistic consistency of agency materials (from copy through press proof) and for supporting the writers in presenting clear, concise, and grammatically correct copy to the client.
Who we're looking for...
An agile, rigorous, and meticulous proofreader with an eye for accuracy, logic, and compliance with the brand voice and style guides, especially AMA. A copy editor who will apply, develop, and maintain our style guides and function as a resource for style/grammar questions. Someone who is flexible, knows when it's OK to split an infinitive, shows good editorial judgment, and is a proponent of the serial comma. A team player who can interact effectively with a broad range of agency staff, work independently, and perform gracefully under pressure to meet inflexible or shifting deadlines.
What you'll do...
• Proofread copy and layouts with an eye for accuracy (spelling, terminology, punctuation, grammar, syntax) and compliance with the AMA Manual of Style, the client style, and our house style
• Ensure consistency and accuracy across multiple pieces over a wide array of brands
• Suggest edits to clarify meaning, to maintain consistency, and to conform to corporate style guidelines
• Verify that facts and claims are supported by credible references; research references when needed
• Verify correct implementation of client and regulatory changes
• Develop and maintain style guides for individual products and/or clients
• Track projects to plan workload and keep copy department informed
What you'll need...
• Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or communications (or equivalent experience)
• Agency experience and/or previous medical proofreading experience (highly preferred)
• Strong experience with proofreading (>5 years); demonstrated ability to edit for grammar, clarity, and consistency
• Ability to manage multiple projects with competing and tight deadlines
• Thorough familiarity with AMA style
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
Meet Some of Circa Healthcare's Employees
Dan serves as the connection point between Circa Healthcare's Client Services and Creative Teams—establishing timelines and budgets for each project that comes in.
Back to top