Client Engagement Director
Position: Client Engagement Director
Executive Level/Edinburgh, Scotland
At Circa Healthcare, “we do good for animals and the people who care about them.”
We’re able to accomplish this because we have some of the sharpest minds and deepest experience in the industry. We’re quick learners and continually deepen our knowledge by committing each year to entering into a sector that’s new to us. We select candidates and clients who are aligned with our core values and share our passion for animals and FUN! It’s an atmosphere where animal lovers, and even their dogs, cats, and chickens (yes, chickens!), will feel welcome!
Circa Healthcare is a full-service, strategic communications growth agency with a global reach. Our UK office is based in the center of Edinburgh and is supported by our US-headquarters, situated in the western suburbs of Philadelphia, PA. Energize your career. Contact us, and start feeling fulfilled through doing great things for animals and the people who care about them!
We are seeking a Client Engagement Director
overview — what you do
The Client Engagement Director (CED) is directly responsible for the management and development of assigned client relationships, and for the delivery of strategies and tactics that meet these clients’ needs. The CED leads the efforts of the internal client team, coordinating strategy, client engagement, project management, and creative resources to deliver optimum results for the agency and the client. This position has forecasting responsibility and may manage both Client Engagement Managers and Client Engagement Coordinators.
responsibilities — the stuff we trust you with
• Direct the development of clients and complex projects, delivering value to the client and benefit to the agency
• Anticipate client needs and proactively develop ideas or approaches to challenges
• Contribute to the strategic direction of the client engagement team, mobilizing strategic resources as necessary to best fulfill existing client needs and fully develop account potential
• Responsible for the development of Client Engagement Plans and brand plans at clearly determined intervals
• Oversee the development of orders, creative briefs, status reports, and other written materials and ensure that they are prepared according to Circa processes
• Develop and implement marketing plans/programs aligned with client objectives and budgets
• Ensure that the client engagement team is clearly communicating client objectives to creative, project, and strategic staff so that they are clearly understood
• Ensure all work is completed on time, on budget, and in a manner consistent with the stated goals and strategies of the project
• Participate in client presentations and meetings
• Work with finance department to ensure prompt and accurate billing of the agency’s charges
• Serve as mentor to client engagement team members
behaviors — the just as important stuff (our values)
• Be proud, excited, and engaged
• Create fun and laugh together
• Be humble and set each other up for success
• Build on our strengths and respect individuality
• Be real and engage authentically
• Encourage bravery and nurture free exchange of ideas
key results — the outcomes we need
- Individual utilization rate (identified at year start)
- Gross revenue goals met annually for all assigned clients
- Forecast targeting accuracy within +/- 10%
qualifications — what you bring to the table
required — the stuff we can’t do without
o BA/BS degree in marketing, life-sciences, or related field
o 10+ years of experience in a client management role at an advertising/digital agency; human life-science/veterinary healthcare experience preferred
o Solid understanding of the marketing communications mix (ads, mail, collateral, interactive, etc.) and its’ uses
o Superior presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
o Proactive, self-motivated, well organized, a team player
o Good judgment, and good decision-making and problem-solving skills
o Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
o Ability to travel to client meetings and trade shows
desired — some more stuff we really like
o Master’s degree in business or life-science/veterinary related field
o At least 1 year in a people management role
travel — where you might go
Some moderate travel up to 30%.
If you have . . .
• A career in which you’re happy but with the right opportunity could be even happier
• Pharmaceutical or Animal Healthcare ad agency experience
(it’s not a deal-breaker if you don’t, but a huge advantage if you do)
• The expertise to understand the minimum requirements of this position and the experience to possess them, and more
Then your most fulfilling opportunity may be right here on our fun and fabulous team!
See Inside the Office of Circa Healthcare
Circa Healthcare focuses efforts on the animal healthcare industry, but serves the needs of a range of other players as well—including pharmaceutical, medical device, diagnostics, and biotechnology companies. Circa Healthcare helps clients manage brand strategy and marketing and develops advertising that’s both creative and engaging—whether it’s in print or interactive digital media.
Back to top