Now Hiring Immediately!
What We Can Offer You:
Every team member deserves the star treatment! Each career comes with a variety of benefits for both hourly and salaried team members. Benefits may vary by career category, see career listing for exact details
- Employee Discount
- Growth Opportunities
- Education Assistance
- Health Benefits
- Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
Cinemark Team Members create a welcoming environment for our Guests. A Team Member is quick, accurate, and knowledgeable about movies, special events, upcoming attractions, pricing, promotions, etc. This individual enforces movie studio and theatre admission policies. Knowing that great tasting snacks complements the moviegoing experience, a Team Member strives to ensure the highest quality in everything served. Being familiar with the operation, this individual will answer guest questions and makes them feel comfortable, while ensuring a quality listening and viewing experience. Team Members may be asked to work cross functionally as an Usher, Box Office Cashier or Concessionist as staffing needs require. Team Members must be able to perform the essential job functions of these positions.
Eligible for Sign on Bonus of $150!
A Day in the Life of a Theatre Team Member:
The essential duties and responsibility of a Theatre Team Member include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greets Guests with a smile in a timely and professional manner
- Operates Cinemark's POS system for all transactions completed on assigned register, including proper cash balancing, distributing correct inventory and tickets associated with each sale, properly logging off when away from register, reporting any concerns to management (including unauthorized use of assigned register), etc.
- Properly utilizes Personal Protective Equipment while completing position-specific tasks
- Voids passes, coupons, and discount tickets after the transaction has finished and processes any refunds when necessary with the required forms
- Verifies tickets at podium and directs Guests to an auditorium
- Ensures tickets are sold in accordance with the MPAA rating system, studio admittance policy, and company policy
- Provides pricing, movie, specialist event, alternative movie selections, and general theatre information
- Responds to phone calls and questions from Guests in a professional and quality customer service manner
- Conducts theatre inspections to monitor movie presentation and sound quality, watch for film and content theft, and help maintain a safe quality environment within the auditoriums
- Keeps theatre property clean and free from debris (lobby, aisles, restrooms, auditoriums, exits, parking lot, etc.)
- Prepares food and properly operates cooking, warming, and popping equipment
- Consistently wipe down and sanitize Employee high-contact areas within our auditoriums and restrooms such as non-food surface areas, entry door handles, handrails, armrests, cupholders, seating, recliner trays, and recliner operation buttons, sink faucets, fixture flush handles, soap dispensing unit buttons, partition handles and locking mechanisms, baby changing stations, etc
- Consistently wipe down and sanitize Guest services areas, countertops, point of sale equipment, PCI equipment, microphones, windows, ticket printers, kiosks, counters, card readers, terminals, counterfeit detectors, door handles, faucets, and any other areas that are highly touched by a Guest or Team Member
- Complies with all local, state, and federal food safety laws
- Attends a mandatory Shift Huddle (team discussion) at the start of or during the shift
- Consistently ensures and promotes adherence to proper social distancing guidelines
- Adapts to the frequency and scope of required cleaning tasks
- Monitors safety and security issues (trip hazards, lighting, suspicious persons, etc.) and reports to management
- Instructs and calms Guests in the event of an emergency
- Assists with all opening and closing duties as assigned by management
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
What You Will Need to Have:
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Completes basic food handling training and obtains any local or state mandated certification, health card, or food handlers permit where required
- Availability to work flexible hours which include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Has an energetic and friendly attitude during each shift
- Provides excellent Guest service
- Interpersonal skills include the ability to communicate (verbal and written) with all ages, genders, and personalities. Must be able to effectively and regularly converse in and comprehend English
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
Ability to take and follow direction
- Responds with a sense of urgency
- Accurate cash handling and basic math skills
What You Physical and Environmental Requirement You Will Need to Have:
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking and reaching
- Ability to carry, push, and pull objects
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at Cinemark and is not a legally binding contract. Cinemark reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job description.
All Cinemark theatres are designated smoke-free workplaces. This includes vapor, electronic, conventional, cigars, etc.
Cinemark USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pay Range: 12.00 - 13.50 - 15.00