Now Hiring Immediately!
What We Can Offer You:
Every team member deserves the star treatment! Each career comes with a variety of benefits for both hourly and salaried team members. Benefits may vary by career category, see career listing for exact details
- Employee Discount
- Growth Opportunities
- Education Assistance
- Health Benefits
- Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
What is a Counter Server?
As a Counter Server you will be responsible for guiding Guests to order food products and/or beverages to enhance the movie-going experience. This includes greeting Guests through engaging interaction, making specific menu suggestions, having strong menu knowledge, and delivering quick and timely counter service. The Counter Server role is a vital link between our Guests and the kitchen staff.
The Counter Server may be asked to cross-train and work as a Restaurant Worker, Concessionist, Box Office Cashier, or Usher, as staffing needs require. Counter Servers must be able to perform the essential job functions of those positions.
A Day in the Life of a Counter Server:
- Greet Guests with a smile in a timely and professional manner
- Possess full knowledge of bar and menu items in a fast-paced environment to enhance the Guest experience
- Accurately records food and beverage orders from Guests in a timely manner
- Responsible for all transactions done on assigned register (proper cash balance in register, distributing correct tickets or inventory associated with each sale, properly logging off when away from register, reporting any concerns to a manager including unauthorized use of assigned register, etc.)
- Verifies identification to confirm Guests are at least 21 years of age for all alcohol transactions
- Ensures that alcohol is consumed in designated areas only
- Consistently use suggestive selling techniques
- Collaborate with kitchen team to ensure that food orders are accurate
- Attends a mandatory Shift Huddle (team discussion) at the start of or during the shift
- Consistently identifies and sanitizes Guest high contact areas within and around the dining area (restaurant, lounge, bar, concession area, auditorium, and patio areas)
- Wipes down door handles, faucets, counters, card readers, terminals, counterfeit detectors and any non-food surface areas that are highly touched by a Guest or Team Member
- Miscellaneous cleaning and tasks as applicable to restaurant and theatre environments; (scope of prep set-up for the counter area which includes food preparation, selling, promoting, serving, and cleaning tasks before and after the shift)
- Consistently ensures and promotes adherence of proper social distancing guidelines
- Properly utilizes Personal Protective Equipment while completing position specific tasks
- Adapts to the frequency and scope of required cleaning tasks
- Monitors safety and security issues (trip hazards, lighting, suspicious persons, etc.) and reports to management
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
What You Will Need to Have:
- Proof of age (Associates who will be serving, pouring, or mixing alcoholic beverages will need to be 18 and in some states 21)
- Completes basic food handling training and obtains any local or state mandated certification, health card, or food handlers permit where required
- Team Members who work with alcohol are required to complete a Safe Alcohol Service training program
- Availability to work flexible hours which include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Has an energetic and friendly attitude during each shift
- Provides excellent Guest service
- Accurate cash handling and basic math skills
- Interpersonal skills include the ability to communicate (verbal and written) with all ages, genders, and personalities. Must be able to effectively and regularly converse in and comprehend English
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Ability to take and follow direction
- Responds with a sense of urgency
What Physical and Environmental Requirement You Will Need to Have:
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking and reaching
- Ability to carry, push, and pull objects
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at Cinemark and is not a legally binding contract. Cinemark reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job description.
All Cinemark theatres are designated smoke-free workplaces. This includes vapor, electronic, conventional, cigars, etc.
Cinemark USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer