Now Hiring Immediately!
What We Can Offer You:
Every team member deserves the star treatment! Each career comes with a variety of benefits for both hourly and salaried team members. Benefits may vary by career category, see career listing for exact details
- Employee Discount
- Growth Opportunities
- Education Assistance
- Health Benefits
- Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
What is a Server?
As a Server, you will greet Guests through engaging interaction, make thoughtful menu suggestions, having superior menu knowledge, and deliver quick and timely service. The server role provides a vital link between our Guests and the kitchen staff.
A Day in the Life of a Server:
- Greet Guests with a smile in a timely and professional manner
- Possess full knowledge of bar and menu items in a fast-paced environment to enhance the Guest experience
- Accurately records food and beverage orders from Guests in a timely manner
- Verifies identification to confirm Guests are at least 21 years of age for all alcohol transactions
- Ensures that alcohol is consumed in designated areas only
- Seats Guests when applicable
- Consistently use suggestive selling techniques
- Collaborates with kitchen team to ensure that food orders are accurate
- Deliver food and beverage orders within established time frames
- Attends a mandatory Shift Huddle (team discussion) at the start of or during the shift
- Consistently identifies and sanitizes guest high contact areas within and around the dining area (restaurant, lounge, bar, auditorium, and patio areas)
- Consistently ensures and promotes adherence of proper social distancing guidelines
- Properly utilizes Personal Protective Equipment while completing position specific tasks
- Adapts to the frequency and scope of required cleaning tasks
- Monitors safety and security issues (trip hazards, lighting, suspicious persons, etc.) and reports to management
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
What You Will Need to Have:
- Proof of age (Associates who will be serving, pouring, or mixing alcoholic beverages will need to be 18 and in some states 21)
- Completes basic food handling training and obtains any local or state mandated certification, health card, or food handlers permit where required
- Team Members who work with alcohol are required to complete a Safe Alcohol Service training program
- Prior serving or bar experience in a full-service restaurant preferred
- Availability to work flexible hours which include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Has an energetic and friendly attitude during each shift
- Provides excellent Guest service
- Accurate cash handling and basic math skills
- Interpersonal skills include the ability to communicate (verbal and written) with all ages, genders, and personalities. Must be able to effectively and regularly converse in and comprehend English
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Ability to take and follow direction
- Responds with a sense of urgency
What Physical and Environmental Requirement You Will Need to Have:
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking and reaching
- Ability to carry, push, and pull objects
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at Cinemark and is not a legally binding contract. Cinemark reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job description.
All Cinemark theatres are designated smoke-free workplaces. This includes vapor, electronic, conventional, cigars, etc.
Cinemark USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer