- Newport News, VA
Headquartered in Plano, TX, Cinemark Holdings, Inc. is a leader in the motion picture exhibition industry with 500+ theatres in the U.S. and Latin America.
Join Our Team!
Do you enjoy working together as a team to accomplish major goals? Join Cinemark to utilize and expand your skills! We are dedicated to making the movie experience memorable, "One Guest at a time." Our world class talent creates a warm and friendly culture through shared values.
What We Can Offer You:
Every team member deserves the star treatment! Each career comes with a variety of benefits for both hourly and salaried team members. Benefits may vary by career category, see career listing for exact details
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Growth Opportunities
- Parental Leave
- Health Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Paid Time Off
- Pet Insurance
What is a Maintenance employee?
The maintenance employee will repair and maintain the theatre, equipment, and property. This typically takes place during non-operating hours, but can also take place during operating hours. Responsible for repairs to seats, walls, doors, restroom fixtures, sidewalks, parking lots, concession stand equipment, office equipment, etc. Serves as an advisor when contract labor is hired to perform major repairs or those outside of the Employee's areas of expertise.
A Day in the Life of a Maintenance employee:
- Coordinates with the General Manager on items to be repaired and/or maintained.
- Guards against unauthorized personnel entering the building during non-operating hours. Keeps theatre keys on his/her person and outside doors locked during non-operating hours.
- Repairs tile and carpet floors, wall coverings, etc.
- Repairs and tightens seats as necessary.
- Keeps Cinemark-owned tools and supplies safely maintained, clean, orderly, and organized.
- Repairs and maintains theatre and theatre property including restroom fixtures, countertops, mirrors, walls, partitions, drinking fountains, minor plumbing and electrical work, office furniture, etc.
- Removes and disposes of trash, broken parts, and supplies from repair areas once repairs or maintenance are completed.
- Cleans and organizes the designated Maintenance storage areas.
- Watches for safety or security issues (trip hazards, lighting, suspicious persons, etc.). Repairs as necessary and reports issues to management.
- Properly utilizes Personal Protective Equipment while completing position specific tasks
- Ability to adapt to the frequency and scope of required cleaning tasks
- Communicates any need for parts and supplies to management. Typically, management will then acquire the needed items.
- May need to drive in order to acquire parts and supplies.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
What You Will Need to Have:
- Available to work flexible shifts which include early morning, late evening, weekends, and holidays.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Requires frequent lifting, reaching, standing, pushing, pulling, bending, and the ability to maneuver in limited-space areas (restroom stalls and auditorium seat rows).
- Effective comprehension of English is required, including the ability to safely mix chemicals.
- Must be able to inspect theatre and theatre property to ensure that all is clean and in good working order for the opening of the next day's business.
What Physical and Environmental Requirement You Will Need to Have:
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking and reaching around the theater.
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at Cinemark and is not a legally binding contract. Cinemark reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job description.
All Cinemark locations are designated smoke-free workplaces. This includes vapor, electronic, conventional, cigars, etc.
Cinemark USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top