Now Hiring Immediately!
What We Can Offer You:
Every team member deserves the star treatment! Each career comes with a variety of benefits for both hourly and salaried team members. Benefits may vary by career category, see career listing for exact details
- Employee Discount
- Growth Opportunities
- Education Assistance
- Health Benefits
- Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
Cinemark Line Cooks are in the heart of the restaurant operation, using recipes to cook quality food in a fast-paced environment. Line Cooks play a vital role in creating a positive movie-going experience for our Guests by ensuring food items are fresh and taste great. Moviegoers are often in a hurry, so it is important that their orders are also produced in a timely manner. This individual must possess high energy, be outgoing, and be a quality-driven team player. Ideal candidates have a strong desire to pursue culinary career paths in the future.
Want more jobs like this?
Get Education jobs in Huntsville, AL delivered to your inbox every week.
A Day in the Life of a Line Cook
The essential duties and responsibilities of a Line Cook include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepares all required items in accordance with approved recipes and portion controls
- Follows and executes prep lists daily
- Maintains cleanliness and proper storage of all food products in accordance with health and safety regulations
- Maintains policies and procedures to minimize food waste and theft
- Collaborates with server team to ensure that food orders are accurate
- Cleans food preparation area and equipment after each use
- Responsible for opening or closing a workstation (depending on scheduled shift)
- Provides a professional image at all times through proper Cinemark culinary attire
- Ensures that standard operating procedures and all preventative maintenance, safety, sanitation are consistently achieved
- Attends a mandatory Shift Huddle (team discussion) at the start of or during the shift
- In conjunction with server staff, consistently identifies and sanitizes Guest high-contact areas within and around the kitchen and dining area (restaurant, lounge, bar, and patio areas)
- Consistently ensures and promotes adherence of proper social distancing guidelines
- Properly utilizes Personal Protective Equipment while completing position-specific tasks
- Adapts to the frequency and scope of required cleaning tasks
- Monitors safety and or security issues (trip hazards, lighting, suspicious persons, etc.) and reports issues to management
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
What You Will Need to Have:
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Completes basic food handling training and obtains any local or state mandated certification, health card, or food handlers permit where required
- Team Members who work with alcohol are required to complete a Safe Alcohol Service training program
- Availability to work flexible hours which include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Has an energetic and friendly attitude during each shift
- Provides excellent Guest service
- Interpersonal skills include the ability to communicate (verbal and written) with all ages, genders, and personalities. Must be able to effectively and regularly converse in and comprehend English
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Ability to take and follow direction
- Responds with a sense of urgency
What Physical and Environmental Requirement You Will Need to Have:
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking and reaching
- Ability to carry, push, and pull objects
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at Cinemark and is not a legally binding contract. Cinemark reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job description.
All Cinemark theatres are designated smoke-free workplaces. This includes vapor, electronic, conventional, cigars, etc.
Cinemark USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer