Now Hiring Immediately!
What We Can Offer You:
Every team member deserves the star treatment! Each career comes with a variety of benefits for both hourly and salaried team members. Benefits may vary by career category, see career listing for exact details
- Employee Discount
- Growth Opportunities
- Education Assistance
- Health Benefits
- Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
Cinemark Janitors clean the theatre and theatre property during non-operating hours. The standard at Cinemark is "clean as new", and Janitors strive always to meet this standard. They are responsible for cleaning floors, carpets, walls, doors, seats, restrooms, sidewalks, parking lots, concession stands, etc. Janitors thoroughly disinfect auditoriums and restrooms prior to opening. This individual ensures that the next day's Guests will walk into a sparkling clean theatre.
A Day in the Life of a Janitor:
The essential duties and responsibilities of a Janitor include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinates with the General Manager on areas to be cleaned
- Schedules time to perform a thorough cleaning of theatre and theatre property
- Sweeps and mops floor areas including auditoriums, lobby, restrooms, booth area, etc.
- Maintains carpets (vacuums, removes gum, shampoos as necessary)
- Cleans theatre and theatre property including auditoriums, seats, game rooms, drinking fountains, restrooms, (basins, toilet bowls, countertops, mirrors, walls, partitions, floors), etc.
- Ensures projection booths, office areas, storerooms, and screens are cleaned only at the specific instruction of the General Manager
- Keeps cleaning equipment (mops, brooms, dust pans, vacuum cleaners, shampooers, etc.) clean and in good working order
- Cleans and organizes the Janitor's closet
- Inspects theatre and theatre property to ensure that all is clean and in good working order for the opening of the next day's business. Reports any issues to the General Manager
- Replenishes restroom supplies (toilet paper, paper towels, soap, etc.)
- Mixes and applies Cinemark-approved cleaning chemicals as directed
- Removes trash from theatre and theatre property, and inserts new plastic trash bags in trash cans
- Disposes of trash in commercial trash dumpster or compactor
- Guards against unauthorized personnel entering the building during Janitor employee's shift
- Keeps theatre keys on his/her person and outside doors locked during the non-operating hours
- Consistently ensures and promotes adherence of proper social distancing guidelines
- Properly utilizes Personal Protective Equipment while completing position specific tasks
- Adapts to the frequency and scope of required cleaning tasks
- Monitors safety and/security issues (trip hazards, lighting, suspicious persons, etc.) and reports issues to management
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
What You Will Need to Have:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Availability to work flexible hours which includes early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Has an energetic and friendly attitude during each shift
- Provides excellent Guest service
- Interpersonal skills include the ability to communicate (verbal and written) with all ages, genders, and personalities. Must be able to effectively and regularly converse in and comprehend English
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Ability to take and follow direction
- Responds with a sense of urgency
- Ability to maneuver in limited-space areas (restroom stalls, auditorium seat rows, etc.)
- Ability to safely mix chemicals
- Ability to safely dispose of used chemicals in compliance with state and local regulations
What Physical and Environmental Requirement You Will Need to Have:
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking and reaching
- Ability to carry, push, and pull objects
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at Cinemark and is not a legally binding contract. Cinemark reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job description.
All Cinemark theatres are designated smoke-free workplaces. This includes vapor, electronic, conventional, cigars, etc.
Cinemark USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer