- Boardman, OH
Headquartered in Plano, TX, Cinemark Holdings, Inc. is a leader in the motion picture exhibition industry with 500+ theatres in the U.S. and Latin America.
Join Our Team!
Do you enjoy working together as a team to accomplish major goals? Join Cinemark to utilize and expand your skills! We are dedicated to making the movie experience memorable, "One Guest at a time." Our world class talent creates a warm and friendly culture through shared values.
What We Can Offer You:
Every team member deserves the star treatment! Each career comes with a variety of benefits for both hourly and salaried team members. Benefits may vary by career category, see career listing for exact details
Paid Time Off
What is a Counter Server?
As a Cinemark Counter Server, you deliver an extraordinarily memorable dining experience for our Guests from behind the counter. You will be guiding the Guests to order food products or beverages to enhance the movie-going experience - combined with your menu knowledge and personality. This includes greeting Guests through engaging interaction, making specific menu suggestions, having strong menu knowledge, and delivering quick and timely counter service for Guests. The Counter Server role provides a vital link between our Guests and the kitchen staff. The Counter Server is a tip eligible position in compliance with our Cinemark Tip Policy.
A Day in the Life of a Counter Server:
- Greet guests in a timely and professional manner
- Possess full knowledge of bar and menu items recommendations in a fast-paced environment to enhance the Guest's experience
- Accurately take food and beverage orders in a timely manner
- Verify Guests that purchase alcohol are at least 21 years of age
- Complete Guest orders into the Point of Sale system behind the counter and process payment.
- Consistently use suggestive selling techniques
- Collaborate with kitchen team to ensure that food orders are accurate
- Consistently ensures and promotes adherence of proper social distancing guidelines.
- Consistently identifies and sanitizes high contact areas within and around the dining area (restaurant, lounge, bar, concession area, auditorium, and patio areas).
- Properly utilizes Personal Protective Equipment while completing position specific tasks, including receiving, preparing, handling, and serving food and beverage items to Guests.
- Wipes down door handles, faucets, counters, card readers, terminals, counterfeit detectors and any non-food surface areas that are highly touched by a Guest or Team Member
- Ability to adapt to the frequency and scope of required cleaning tasks.
- Miscellaneous cleaning and tasks as applicable to restaurant and theatre environments applicable to scope of prep set-up for the counter area which includes food preparation, selling, promoting, serving, and cleaning tasks before and after the shift, and primarily shift execution of the counter service role
What You Will Need to Have:
- Proof of age (Associates who will be serving, pouring, or mixing alcoholic beverages will need to be 18 and in some states 21)
- Complete basic food handling training and obtain any local or state mandated certification
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior Guest service
- Have a high aptitude for math and cash handling
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Obtain any necessary alcohol service licensing requirements
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs
- Ability to walk, lift, twist, bend, reach, and handle food products on a frequent basis
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with supervisors and co-workers in a high-volume setting
- Compliance with the Cinemark Tip Policy
- Verification of current Official State Alcohol Certification
What You Physical and Environmental Requirements You Will Need to Have:
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Frequent standing, walking and reaching around the theater/Restaurant
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at Cinemark and is not a legally binding contract. Cinemark reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job description.
Cinemark USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top