Box Office / Cashier
- Florence, KY
Headquartered in Plano, TX, Cinemark Holdings, Inc. is a leader in the motion picture exhibition industry with 500+ theatres in the U.S. and Latin America.
Join Our Team!
Do you enjoy working together as a team to accomplish major goals? Join Cinemark to utilize and expand your skills! We are dedicated to making the movie experience memorable, "One Guest at a time." Our world class talent creates a warm and friendly culture through shared values.
What We Can Offer You:
Every team member deserves the star treatment! Each career comes with a variety of benefits for both hourly and salaried team members. Benefits may vary by career category, see career listing for exact details
Paid Time Off
What is a Box Office / Cashier?
A Box Office / Cashier is responsible for creating a welcoming environment for customers. This individual will sell tickets to movies and special events while providing movie and event information. They enforce film studio and theatre admission policies. They are responsible for security of cash and tickets. They clean and maintain the box office area. The Box Office Cashier may be asked to cross-train and work as the Concessionist, Restaurant Worker, or Usher, as staffing needs require. As a result, Employees must be able to perform the essential job functions of those positions.
A Day in the Life of a Box Office / Cashier:
- Greets Customers and visitors in a professional manner.
- Provides movie, special event, and general theatre information.
- Suggests alternative movie selections, as appropriate.
- Enters ticket sale, accepts payment, processes transaction, and makes correct change.
- Wipes down card readers, terminals, ticket kiosks, counterfeit detectors, door handles, windows, counters and any non-food surface areas that are highly touched by a Guest or team member.
- Consistently identifies and sanitizes employee high contact areas; countertops, point of sale equipment, microphones, employee access door handles, counterfeit devices, ticket printers.
- Consistently identifies and sanitizes customer high contact areas, entry door handles, kiosks, countertops, and PCI equipment.
- Consistently looks out for and promotes adherence of proper social distancing guidelines.
- Properly utilizes personal protective equipment while completing position specific tasks.
- Ability to adapt to the frequency and scope of required cleaning tasks .
- Prevents underage children from seeing adult audience (R-rated and NC-17 rated) movies.
- Complies with film studio admittance policies, including any pass and/or discount ticket restrictions.
- Processes pass admissions and answers telephone in a professional manner.
- Voids passes, coupons, and discount tickets after the transaction has finished.
- Processes refunds when necessary and completes any required forms.
What You Will Need to Have:
- Availability to work flexible shifts which include evening hours, weekends, and holidays
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Ability to communicate with all ages, genders, and personalities
- Ability to effectively and regularly converse in and comprehend in English
- Ability to speak clearly and to hear or lip-read adequately
- Manual dexterity and an aptitude for mathematics is required to make change, operate computerized ticketing equipment, and change box office signage boards or displays
- Box offices are often small and enclosed spaces in which a Cashier is required to stand or sit for an extended period of time
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Accurate cash handling and math skills
What Physical and Environmental Requirements You Will Need to Have:
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Frequent standing, walking and reaching around the theater
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at Cinemark and is not a legally binding contract. Cinemark reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job description.
All Cinemark theatres are designated smoke-free workplaces. This includes vapor, electronic, conventional, cigars, etc.
Cinemark USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top