- Barcelona, Spain
The Business Development takes ownership to strategize, align resources and procure capacity for certain strategic business, dedicated capacity opportunities, as well as priority and/or committed freight (securing trucks for loads). The role combines sales, account management, and operational execution to meet the transportation needs of the customer. The Senior Carrier Representative develops and builds relationships with the carrier community in order to grow their individual business and ensure committed freight moves in accordance with customer expectations.
- Daily Communication with internal customers (customer teams) and external suppliers (Transport companies, Depos, Rail Service)
- Identify and eliminate root causes of defects ( late deliveries etc) in order to drive efficiency in the daily operations
- Responsible for optimizing all pickups and deliveries with Train service provider & booking of the slots on train
- Coordinate the fleet of trucks & drivers during pre-carriage & post-carriage service through proper routing and equipment selections
- Coordinate the maintenance and reparation service of the Trailers with Depo
- Identify opportunities to improve trucks utilization
- Work closely with Account Management Teams to drive proactive load planning
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics or Business.
- 4+ years of experience in Procurement, Sales, Transportation, Logistics and/or Supply Chain
- Fluent in English and Spanish, additional languages are a big pls
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Ability to travel up to 25% (domestically and internationally)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, negotiate, and influence others
- Ability to thrive under deadlines and work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Strong prioritization skills, multi-tasking skills, and works with a sense of urgency
- Ability to identify, understand and execute based on market trends and pricing strategies
- Ability to communicate with various levels within customer's organization (both written and verbal)
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world's largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Back to top