Data Platform Administrator
- Eden Prairie, MN
As a Data Platform Administrator on the Distributed Data Services team at C.H. Robinson, you will leverage your experience and passion for technology to oversee the daily execution of processes, operations, and support activities within the wide realm of distributed data services, NOSQL technologies, data science tooling, and data streaming platforms. The distributed data services practice is transforming the way data is delivered and stored within C.H. Robinson.We are looking for a creative individual that is passionate about automation, data, and infrastructure. As a team, we strive to automate, innovate, optimize, and to deliver a great platform experience on every front.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote untilfurther notice. We will continue monitoring the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to the office in Eden Prairie, MN where you will have an opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of peers.
- Facilitate the continuous re-engineering of fluid data platforms and pipelines
- Support end-to-end data science lifecycle ecosystem (tools, applications, deployments)
- Participate in global on-call rotation to ensure 24x7 availability of distributed data platforms
- Custom development and automation around the provisioning and operations of platforms
- Promote proper and efficient use of platforms
- Partner with software engineering, data science, and infrastructure teams on evaluation and feasibility assessment of new platforms and technologies
- Oversee and ensure production readiness of new technologies/platforms
- On-Call duty as required
- 2+ years of experience building and maintaining highly available production systems
- Experience working with one of the following systems: Bash, Python, Powershell, Ansible, Golang, SQL
- Experience with at least one of the following technologies Kafka, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Redis, InfluxDB, Hadoop/Spark, Hive, HBase
- 2+ years of experience with Linux
- Experience with containers and container orchestration platforms (i.e. Mesosphere, Kubernetes, Swarn)
- Familiarity with microservice architecture and Restful API's
- Experience with CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous deployment) practices
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Bachelor's degree or a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience and a high school diploma/GED
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate with a global team of peers and stakeholders
- Ability to take on multiple priorities, manage time effectively, and deliver on commitments
- A learning and growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We're committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world's largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Back to top