Associate Global Forwarding Agent
- Itasca, IL
The Associate Global Forwarding Agent is a great entry level position within our modal operations. An Associate Global Forwarding Agent is responsible for learning operational concepts and terminology, gaining an understanding for our company's goals and values, and building skills for our industry and organization. In addition to building their skills, Associate Global Forwarding Agents will gain experience by executing small and medium size customer accounts.
Upon starting with C.H. Robinson, you will be enrolled in training to jumpstart your knowledge of our company and our industry, help you excel in our culture, and ensure your proficiency in our systems and processes. The training will be a mix of activities, including instructor led classes, self-guided learning, as well as in-office coaching and mentoring. We want you to be more than a crucial element to our customers and carriers- we want you to be a high-performing member of our team.
- Understand the processes, documentation, and terminology involved in international shipping from time of purchase order issuance through the delivery of the cargo
- Apply basic industry knowledge to respond to customer requests
- Learn and Execute/Coordinate tasks on the shipments to meet all customer SOP requirements
- Ensure a high-level of data integrity within the shipments: acknowledgement of shipment details, INCOterms, routing, dates, documents, etc.
- Communicate clearly, timely, and effectively with Customers, Agents and Outside Vendors
- Promote a positive working relationship for all team members
- Ensure customer SOPs are maintained and adhered to
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Bachelor's degree or continued education
- Strong communication, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Proven critical-thinking and problem-solving skills to adapt to ever-changing tasks and customer needs
- High level of attention to detail
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We're committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world's largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Back to top