At Choco, we’re striving to build a seamlessly connected global food system by 2030. One that enables food to move around the planet transparently, sustainably and without waste. Today, Choco provides a platform connecting restaurants and suppliers resulting in better communication, simplified logistics, and - here comes the big one - less food waste. If you’re looking for a challenging new opportunity and the chance to make a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you.
Want to learn more about #LifeatChoco? Take a look behind the scenes: bit.ly/3sD7tYK
Meet your team
- Talent Acquisition is at the forefront of any growing organization and remains the number 1 priority at Choco. We are looking for an individual that will own all things hiring for the region of Germany and Austria. This position will report into Jason, Head of TA, and Julius and Tina, General Managers of DACH, and will act as a business partner to Julius/Tina. You will have responsibilities to not only deliver on headcount but also work on strategic initiatives within the region and company wide.
Where: Berlin, Germany // German and English speaking abilities required
Due to the highly collaborative nature of our business (and the fact that we enjoy spending time together), this is primarily an in-office position.
What you’ll do
- You will work as part of a team and own the hiring process for several operations roles and TA projects end to end.
- Act as a partner, guide and deliver a great experience to both candidates and hiring managers.
- Proactively source, pipeline, attract, interview and close candidates within the Operations (sales, partnerships, business development, marketing, support etc.) Finance, Legal, and HR domain
- Develop a strong understanding of the talent market, industry trends, technology, and the competition.
- You will continuously deliver a great candidate experience
What we’re looking for
- At least 3 years previous experience as an operations recruiter in an in-house or agency set-up (ideally both): You can take ownership for an area, work independently already with some guidance from a senior colleague.
- Strong understanding and interest in technology and software development process: you can hold a conversation with a developer and discuss in detail what is expected from a new hire.
- Experience in sourcing diverse candidates using a range of creative tools and channels: sure, everyone uses LinkedIn but you should be able to source candidates from at least 4-5 other channels.
- You have excellent communication skills and are able to adopt your style to your audience.
You impress us even more if you have
- Someone who lives, breathes and sleeps Talent Acquisition
- Someone who is hungry to learn, grow, be creative and help build a great company
What it’s like to work at Choco
Need a better idea of who we are? Take a video tour of our headquarters in Berlin.
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from active Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - bringing our annual order volume to an estimated $1 billion.
Just a year after our $63.7 million Series A funding round, we secured an additional $100 million in Series B funding. In April of 2022, we gained another $111 million in Series B2 funding with a valuation of $1.2 billion - earning us unicorn status just a few years in.
We’re backed by leading investors like Insight Partners, LeftLane Capital, Coatue Management, and Bessemer Venture Partners. In addition, we’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.