- Berlin, Germany
Who we are & What we do
In one sentence:
🍫 We are one team on a mission to reshape the oldest and largest industry on the planet - food 🍫
In more than one sentence:
Currently, up to 40% of the world’s food is never consumed while 815 million people are undernourished. The supply chain is grossly fragmented, as the world population’s demand and its demands continue to grow rapidly, the food industry urgently needs to be transformed.
Our goal is to revolutionize and digitalize the entire supply chain globally by connecting all of its players, while also empowering them locally to reduce waste, meet demand, and increase their bottom line.
Today, Choco provides a free digital platform that connects restaurants with their suppliers; an effortless tool that optimises communication, eliminates operational inefficiencies, and simplifies the entire ordering process for all sides. So far we have helped tens of thousands of restaurants and suppliers across four continents, but this is only the first step.
As one of the fastest growing tech start-up’s globally, we’re moving quicker than ever, assembling the most driven, humble and intelligent people to reach the next level together.
To disrupt the status quo, we are looking for hyper-motivated hustlers, optimistic go-getters, and versatile thinkers who have the passion and determination to go to the moon together.
We know the road won’t be easy, but we’re 100% committed to our mission because we care about the world we live in and the one we leave behind.
Besides that, we are not the only ones to believe in Choco.
Founded in March 2018, we have already raised one of the largest series A of the last 5 years (Total raised $71.5M). We are backed by world leading VCs such as Coatue and Bessemer Venture Partners, as well as startup leaders and entrepreneurs who have built companies such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, SoundCloud, DropBox, and Delivery Hero.
What about the team in Berlin ?
Berlin is our HQ, where it all began. 🙌
You can find here the most driven Tech and Product team you will meet, all along our hard-working Global Operations functions, Finance and marketing teams.
Finally, at its core, you can find the People Operations Team.
Here a glimpse at our offices:
Our empty offices, a (not so) long time ago, the calm before the storm🌪
The same view few months after with some cool glasses to reduce blue light 😎
And that is our cheerful audience during a presentation 🎯
You want more ? Here is more about us, enjoy the free tour of the office !
About this role
Our product designers are throughout the company the advocate for our diverse customers ranging from chefs to restaurant managers, from farmers to food suppliers. Through research and interviews they develop a deep understanding of the user's needs and actively share these insights to help drive product decisions.
Our product designers are deeply embedded in our product teams. They partner, as equals, with product managers and engineers to address user needs. Ultimately product designers are accountable for the quality and impact of the user experience.
Our product designers are an active part of a multidisciplinary design team, together with design researcher, UX copywriters and visual designers. The design team ensures a coherent experience through all touch-points of the customer journey.
You are a great fit if...
- **German 'OR' French speaking** will be now required for this role!
- you have 3+ years of experience as Product Designer working in cross-functional teams
- you are a pragmatic perfectionist, who understands that trade-offs need to be made, but still apply their craft with a great attention to detail
- you are capable of coupling abstract thoughts and ideas from different contexts with deep user understanding to discover unique and thought-provoking insights
- you have a solid background in user research and usability testing and are able to turn insights into value-adding features and improvements
- you were involved in the end to end design and development of outstanding products and are capable of walking us through
- you are highly skilled in modern design tools such as Figma and Sketch and can bring design ideas to life with low and high fidelity prototypes
- you have experience working with and developing design systems
- you are a great communicator who can present design work and user insights confidently to stakeholders, building trusting & collaborative relationships
- you're passionate, bold and hardworking and are excited by big challenges
Sounds like you?
Exciting! Send us your up to date resume, portfolio and a short cover letter to explain what got you excited and why you're great fit.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top