Production Supervisor - Nights
- Twin Falls, ID
The Production Supervisor's role is to directly supervise and coordinate the daily activities of their team in the yogurt manufacturing and packaging process.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Drive Lean training and implementation of a Lean toolkit to include: value stream management, lean diagnosis/strategy & objective setting, Kanban, SMED, team problem solving, Kaizen, etc.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production and processing of goods, batching, filling and packaging
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goal
- Collaborate with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions
- Troubleshoot manufacturing equipment issues as they arise
- Observe work and monitor manufacturing equipment indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards
- Partner with continuous improvement leaders to implement Lean principles and practices
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs
- Collaborate with quality team on employee training to ensure food safety and product quality requirements are followed
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations, including Chobani work and safety procedures as well as ergonomics
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers
- Lead shift start-up meetings to ensure information is relayed between shifts
- Communicate employee performance expectations, provide coaching and conduct performance reviews
- Manage employee attendance information and hours worked in HR systems
- Participate in planning staffing levels, assist with hiring process and onboard new employees
- Follow Chobani’s safety procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices
The requirements of this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-4 years of production supervisor experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of products
- Knowledge of employee safety, food safety and quality programs (HAACP, SQF)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style to create an engaged, motivated and high performing team
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Competency with Microsoft office applications and ERP systems
Since our founding over 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, and accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America that is expanding beyond yogurt, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what sets Chobani apart. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives and strengthen communities is what sets our company apart. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work®, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, and a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.
Back to top