Preventive Maintenance Technician (Grade 6) - D Shift (6:00 PM to 6:30 AM)
- Norwich, NY
Preventive Maintenance Technicians are responsible for the timely repair and preventive maintenance of plant equipment. Including filling machines, pasteurizers, presses, valves, pumps and various processing equipment.
Qualified applicants must possess tangible experience in troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns in manufacturing processing equipment. Technicians must follow all established safety, GMP`s and environmental standards. Adhere to all plant technical standards and company compliance with all federal, state, local and company regulations. FDA, EPA and SQF Certifications.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing mechanical and electrical components
- Capable of identifying and correcting problems such as: electrical/control systems, (sensors, limit switches, solenoids, valve control tops, etc.) and mechanical systems (pumps, piping, valve diagnosis and replacement, etc.)
- Identify and implement safety and continuous improvements and reliability opportunities
- Ensure operation of mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on filling machines, pasteurizers, presses, valves, pumps and various processing equipment; following diagrams, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems
- Control downtime by informing operation workers of routine preventative maintenance and operation techniques; monitoring compliance and reporting to supervisor as necessary
- Provide mechanical maintenance and other general information as necessary to prevent equipment damage; answers question to related maintenance issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Follow Chobani safety procedures
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices
The requirements of this position include:
- 1-3 years of related experience required or experience in fast paced manufacturing plant
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Technical School Certificate or Military training preferred but not required
- Ability to use hand tools and knowledge of associated safety procedures
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills
- Mechanical aptitude, problem solving and analytical skills
- Serves as an "intermediate" resource, providing training and assistance to Operations and other support groups
- Ability to work with vendors, contractors, and company employees
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders and enter confine spaces
- Willingness to work flexible schedules as needed
Since our founding over 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, and accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America that is expanding beyond yogurt, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what sets Chobani apart. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives and strengthen communities is what sets our company apart. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work®, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, and a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.
Back to top