Maintenance Technician I or II - D Shift 4:00 PM to 4:30 AM (Every other weekend required)
- Twin Falls, ID
Maintenance Technicians are responsible for the timely repair and preventative maintenance of plant equipment. Including filling machines, metal detectors, case erectors, packers, sealers, pasteurizers, motors and pumps and conveying equipment.
Qualified applicants must possess tangible experience in troubleshooting mechanical / electrical breakdowns in manufacturing production equipment. Technicians must follow all established safety, GMP`s and environmental standards and adhere to all plant technical standards. Technicians must also comply with all federal, state, local and company regulations including, OSHA, FDA, EPA and SQF.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Responsible for troubleshooting: The ability to rapidly assess, analyze and resolve complicated problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity. Intermediate troubleshooting methodology is demonstrated. Able to troubleshoot to technical knowledge and slightly beyond
- Responsible for self-management: Must bring sound interpersonal and communication skills required to interact with all levels of plant personnel. Able to clearly explain different points of view and effectively listen
- At times, work a flexible schedule as needed: Including nights, weekends, and holiday shifts
- Serve as a technical resource providing guidance and assistance to operations personnel
- Actively participates in teams and adds value with their participation
- Address symptoms of problems and get to root cause
- Follow instructions through standard work orders and perform routine and repetitious tasks completely/accurately. All work meets or exceeds standards
- Checks work for mistakes
- Work safely and follows all applicable EHS policies. Identifies EHS issues in the plant and regularly reports these issues. Prevents employees from doing unsafe tasks
- Follow all applicable FS&Q policies. Identifies FS&Q issues in the plant and regularly reports these issues. Prevents employees from doing improper FS&Q tasks
- Respond to maintenance calls and work orders promptly with a teaching mentality and positive attitude. Assists operations in solving issues and improving efficiencies
- Innovative and possess ability to multi -task and shift priorities quickly while maintaining control, focus and professionalism in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Energy, resilience, determination and strong analytical skills needed to challenge the status quo
- Identify and implement continuous improvement and reliability opportunities
- Follow Chobani’s safety procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices
The requirements of this position include:
- High school Diploma, GED
- 2 year Technical Trade school certification, military applicable certifications, vocational training, and/or Journeyman License preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in a food production / manufacturing environment operating, repairing and/or troubleshooting issues on filling, packaging and other processing equipment. Previous dairy, food and beverage industry experience preferred
- Performs without assistance; recognized as a resource to others; able to translate complex nuances to others; able to improve processes; focus on targeted and broader issues
- Understands and discuss the application and implication of changes to processes in competency
- Previous experience in a combination of the following systems: Pumps, Mechanical Drives, Lubrication, Fasteners, Piping, Proper Tool Use, Motors, Pneumatics, Sensors, Proximity Switches, Automatic Valves and other basic mechanical systems and processes
- Practical operation of power tools and maintenance shop equipment
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings and schematics
- Able to use Technical Manuals and precision measurement tools
- Work with work orders and CMMS / EAM systems in web-based computer applications
- Must be able to work on your feet for up to 12 Hours
- Must be able to lift, push or pull up to 60 pounds
- Must be at work on time and maintain good attendance
- Must be able to climb ladders, work at heights, work overhead, work in confined spaces and work in very hot and very cool environments
- While performing the duties of this job, the technician is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day
Since our founding over 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, and accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America that is expanding beyond yogurt, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what sets Chobani apart. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives and strengthen communities is what sets our company apart. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work®, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, and a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.
Back to top