Junior Electrical Maintenance Technician
- Twin Falls, ID
Junior Electrical Maintenance Technicians are responsible for the timely repair and preventative maintenance of advanced manufacturing equipment in the plant. With continued expansion in the Twin Falls facility, we are looking for junior technicians with a desire to become experienced in managing the ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of form, fill and seal line technology; end of line packaging technology; or liquid food packaging technology. Technicians must follow all established safety, GMP`s and environmental standards and adhere to all plant technical standards. Technicians must also comply with all federal, state, local and company regulations including, OSHA, FDA, EPA and SQF.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Assist with troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing mechanical and electrical systems
- Perform electrical PMs on all electrical equipment including switchgear, electrical cabinets including cabinet ventilation and cooling systems
- Adhere to NFPA 70, NFPA 70E, NFPA 70B, as well as the Chobani electrical maintenance program
- Utilize plant computerized maintenance management system for creating, editing, and completing work orders
- Identify and implement safety and continuous improvements, equipment calibrations and reliability opportunities
- Fabricate repair parts or additions for process as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Follow Chobani’s safety procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices
The requirements of this position include:
- High school Diploma, GED
- Military applicable certifications, vocational training, currently enrolled 2nd year apprentice preferred
- Knowledge of safety & lock out tag out programs
- Experience with basic hand & power tools
- Knowledge of preventative/predictive maintenance procedures
- Mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills
- Weekend work and overtime may be required
- Must be able to climb ladders, work at heights, work overhead, work in confined spaces and work in very hot and very cool environments
- Must be able to lift, push or pull up to 60 pounds
Since our founding over 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, and accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America that is expanding beyond yogurt, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what sets Chobani apart. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives and strengthen communities is what sets our company apart. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work®, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, and a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.
Back to top