Senior Full Stack Engineer
- New York, NY
Chief’s mission is to build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series A stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, and other top-tier investors. We’re headquartered in New York City, with membership open in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, and Washington, DC. Our flagship locations are in NYC, LA, and Chicago.
About the Role:
Chief is seeking an experienced full stack web engineer. Our member site is the cornerstone of our member experience. As such, it is central to both our members and organization. It is built with Typescript and React on the frontend; GraphQL, Loopback, and Postgres on the server. This is an opportunity to own, and grow with, the evolution of the platform. This role will play a crucial part in directing the technical design, implementation, build, and deployment of the expanding feature set as well as the functionality of the site.
- Collaborate with our product team to implement features that deliver a premium online experience for our members.
- Manage a modern development process from feature inception to production deployment.
- Ensure the system is highly available and fault tolerant.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience building web apps.
- Extensive experience with Node, and solid understanding of Typescript.
- Management, or experience in highly available production environments.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator; able to work effectively with both technical and non-technical teams.
You Get Bonus Points For:
- Having worked with Typescript and React in production.
- Building backend systems (queues, ORMs, etc) in Typescript.
- Experience using GraphQL and Apollo
Why You’ll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive base salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401k plan
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
Back to top