Lead UX/UI (Lead Product Designer)
Chief’s mission is to build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting female leaders. With members who are at the C-Level or are rising VP’s, Chief is the only organization designed for women seated at the table. Read about us in Fortune, Fast Company, and CNN. Launched in early 2019, Chief is headquartered in New York City and backed by Primary Ventures, Flybridge Capital, and other top-tier investors.
About the Role:
Chief is looking for a Lead UX/UI Designer to join our growing team. This role is a critical hire that will work directly with product and engineering to scale our digital platform across web and mobile. This role will be responsible for transforming member insights into delightful and innovative product experiences that drive business results and member satisfaction. We are searching for a passionate and experienced User Experience Designer who can utilize their design talents to ensure we provide a high level of white-glove service and sophistication in our digital product that our members have come to expect from our brand.
- Work iteratively to design, refine, and validate solutions. Using your design skills, you create wireframes, storyboards, walkthroughs and prototypes that communicate your design ideas.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications, working closely with developers to see your design through to deployment
- Simplify and distill complex processes into intuitive and elegant design solutions by considering data, user feedback, and technical constraints/opportunities
- Produce documentation to ensure your designs are well understood by stakeholders and detailed enough for efficient development. You ensure that you have accounted for variations across a wide variety of devices and platforms, handled error conditions and edge cases, and defined usable, elegant micro-interactions.
- Deliver designs that utilize our UX Design System, driving coherence and continuity across web and mobile.
- Exceptional systems thinking and ability to map out complex information architectures in the form of site maps and user flows
- Embrace A/B testing as a methodology to understand what design and interactions work best toward acquiring more customers and retaining them
- Earn trust with technical credibility, pragmatic decision making, and strong follow-through working with cross-functional teams
What We’re Looking For:
- 4-5 years of experience in a hands-on capacity
- A well-documented online portfolio of work demonstrating experience crafting user-centered design solutions (flows, prototypes, wireframes, methods, research, not just final screenshots)
- Proven ability to take defined customer and business goals and translate them into effective design solutions.
- Uses a variety of design tools to craft an effective approach, estimate, and plan in response to design requests.
- Experience with several design approaches, methods, and tools that you can use to plan and estimate your project work.
- Superior proficiency in an array of design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Principle, InDesign, or other design tools of your designation
- You are an authority in design craft and know design trends and patterns
- Familiarity with agile methodology and how Product Design and UX fits into that
- You have a curiosity that drives you to look for real-world solutions instead of just existing patterns and mental models
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and effectively manage your time, and partners expectations
- When challenging assumptions, you are respectful and give and receive feedback with equal grace and professionalism
- BS/BA degree or relevant work experience required
- Passion for the Company’s mission, positioning, and brand
Why You’ll Want to Work with Chief:
- Competitive base salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of industry
- Headquartered in beautiful Tribeca loft
Back to top