Guide Operations Director
Chief’s mission is to build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting female leaders. With members who are at the C-Level or are rising VP’s, Chief is the only organization designed for women seated at the table. Read about us in Fortune, Fast Company, and Elle.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is headquartered in New York City and recently closed a $22M Series A backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, and other top-tier investors.
About the Role:
The Director of Guide Operations will lead and scale the operations for Chief’s Executive Coaches, who facilitate meetings for one of Chief’s key services — Core. Modeled after YPO Forums, Core is a service for members to meet with a group of 8-10 women to work through their deepest challenges and build a personal board of advisors. Our Guides are critical to the success of the service, and the member experience at-large.This role will manage the Guide Community, ensuring that all Guides and Core Groups are set up for success and continually sharing learnings and growing together.
- Lead and scale the Guide Program operations as Chief grows exponentially in number of Core Groups and Guides, and across the U.S.
- Report directly to the VP of Operations and partner with the VP of Learning & Development to drive improvements to the Core experience
- Run the day-to-day operations of the Guide program, including bi-weekly Guide calls, a monthly newsletter, on-going trainings and support Guides as they prepare for Core meetings
- Own the hiring process, including recruiting, interviewing, contracting, on-boarding, and training new guides, with the support of our existing Guide community
- Monitor feedback and performance of all Guides, delivering constructive advice to optimize Guide performance
- Work with the Core Group Formation team to match Guides to new groups
- Coordinate with the Core Logistics Manager and Local Ops teams to ensure proper execution of Core logistics to Guides
- Maintain and continuously improve resources for our Guides, including our Guides website
- Drive community and engagement via events, Slack conversations, and via 1:1 relationships with our Guides
What We’re Looking For:
- 7-10 years of work experience, including at least 2 years at an early stage start-up
- Deep expertise working with customers or key stakeholders, and managing large and diverse teams
- Operations expert with EQ — you know how to build to scale while developing customized relationships
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Interest in learning and development, executive coaching, or professional growth programs
- Hospitality or experience with member services a plus
- Passion for Chief’s mission, positioning and brand — to empower women in business and spark change from the top
- BA/BS required
Why You’ll Want to Work with Us:
- We’re a mission-driven company driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to build the operations of a high-impact business from the ground up and help the business scale exponentially
- Ability to impact the success of one our Chief’s key services — Core
- Exposure to top-notch executive coaches across the nation
- Attendance at inspiring experiences and events with leaders of industry
- Competitive base salary, unlimited vacation policy, and full medical, dental, and vision packages
Back to top