Workday Security Lead
- Atlanta, GA
The Workday Security Architect is responsible for overall security architecture and governance across the Workday platform at Chick-fil-A.
Chick-fil-A is transforming its people infrastructure by centralizing multiple legacy systems and providing a new digital employee experience on Workday. Maintaining security across data, processes, and reporting is one of the most important aspects of the new solution. This role is responsible for ensuring the right people have access to the right areas of the system.
The Workday Security Architect will partner with other Workday administrators on security configuration across all domains including: Core HCM, Compensation, Talent, Payroll, Time, Absence, Benefits, Integrations, and Reporting. This includes security for Chick-fil-A, Inc. and all related entities (e.g. CFA Supply, Pinewood) on the Workday platform. This role will partner closely with stakeholders in People, Financial Services, IT, and Legal and external consulting partners.
This Professional role has a high-level of autonomy and will need to drive multiple projects independently.
This role will require a combination of security strategy, technical, and inter-personal skills.
- Security Strategy - This role will own the overall Security Strategy & define the governance to maintain security across the Workday platform over time.
- Workday Technical Skills - This role will need the Workday technical skills to modify custom, intersection and integration security configuration.
- Consultative, Inter-personal & Influence Skills - This role will work closely with internal Workday administrators and stakeholders and external application management services. Influence is a required skill to gain adoption of security recommendations by multiple stakeholders.
Because CFA is new to Workday, this role will need to be able to create new strategies, guidelines, and processes for security where none currently exist. Then this role will need to concisely explain and communicate them to leadership. This role will need to have project management and vendor management skills to identify, select and manage projects, project teams, external vendors, and contingent workers.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Testing - Create and execute test plans and partner with other Workday administrators to ensure thorough testing of all impacted domains.
- System Change Management - Serve as a core stakeholder in the system change management process ensuring proper security for Workday changes moving to Production.
- Upgrades / New Features - Assess, plan, and launch new feature with each Workday Upgrade.
- Reporting - Provide security reports to identify improvement opportunities and for security audits.
- System Support - Troubleshoot security issues and identify and resolve root causes of issues.
- Requirements Gathering - Understand business needs and capture requirements.
- Process Improvement - Proactive, continuous improvements of security processes.
- Detail-oriented - Must naturally/ intuitively be thorough and audit work.
- Communication - Strong communication skills to explain security and technical concerns to non-technical, business stakeholders.
- Problem-Solving - Solve challenging problems with creative solutions and think from different perspectives while getting to the desired result and fitting the direction set by leadership.
- Consulting - Be an advisor to stakeholders in other departments and present multiple solution options.
- Negotiation - Explain your point of view in a convincing manner and listen effectively to opposing views with an open mind. Develop new solutions by bringing together different views.
- Bachelor's degree (e.g. Engineering, Business, Management Information Systems)
- Minimum 3-5 years in Workday project implementation or operations role focused on implementation, governance, process improvement, and/or data analytics.
- Minimum 1-3 years' experience as Workday Security Administrator and/or Architect.
- Must have a strong understanding of system release management (e.g. ITIL)
- Strong process-oriented and data-oriented problem solver
- Must have a solid understanding of organizational change management and user adoption methodologies
- Proven ability to think strategically while delivering practical solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to facilitate
- Workday Pro Security Certification
- Workday Pro Reporting Certification
- Management Consulting or Technology Consulting experience
- 3+ years related experience with Workday implementations AND 3+ years experiencce operating as a Workday Security Administrator
- Led one or more teams responsible for design, development, implementation and change management of Workday security related projects
Minimum Years of Experience
Required Level of Education
Engineering, Business, Management Information Systems
Back to top