Sr. Principal Lead, Facilities - Campus Operations
Responsible for the facility management of 1MM+ sq. ft. of Class A+ multi-functional office space, including several kitchens, a training center, a café (dining) space, wellness facility and a childcare center on a 76-acre multi-building campus for an international quick-service restaurant organization. Also, responsible for the coordination of select facilities support for remote office spaces across the country. Functional areas of responsibility include: building envelope, equipment repair and maintenance, electrical and plumbing systems, interior finishes, grounds, and cleaning. Responsible for a team of facility-management and security professionals and vendor service providers.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Provide account management coordination for all facilities service vendors and contract providers.
- Manage day-to-day operational issues
- Partner with Campus Planning and Design team and Property Management Team with due diligence and site assessments on properties to be acquired
- Refine existing Facilities Team strategy, to include processes and procedures which will provide direction for the Facilities Team to deliver expected service levels within prescribed budget allocations
- Manage capital repair and maintenance projects using sound project management processes, tools and resources
- Partner with the Procurement Team in the negotiation for contract services
- Develop strong leased property management relationships
- Lead the Facilities Teams use of the electronic Enterprise Asset Management platform which tracks fixed- asset life cycle management, assigns service requests and solicits feedback through surveys regarding team and vendor performance
- Manage the Facilities Team budget, identify and implement cost reduction initiatives
- Conduct regular vendor relationship meetings
- Collaborate and coordinate with all other Corporate Services Team in the execution of work to drive efficiency and cost reduction
- Ensure all processes and procedures meet OSHA, and safety and security practices.
- Other duties may be assigned
Manages the planning, organization and coordination of facility services as listed above. Formally supervises individual direct reports, to include, but not limited to: staff selection, training, performance management (personal and professional development), coaching and encouragement, and compensation/promotion recommendations.
Scope of Responsibility:
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve complex results. Responsible for setting deadlines and collaborating across the business with subject-matter experts and building key contacts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative, but not exhaustive, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this role.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents.
- Ability to write reports and manuals using distinctive Brand style.
- Ability to effectively respond to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints from vendors, direct reports, peers, supervisor, and/or senior management.
- Ability to make effective presentations on general topics to our team, department, vendors, and/or management.
- Ability to motivate direct reports and vendor groups to take desired action.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to forecast and prepare budgets.
- Conduct complex financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
- Prepares and manages departmental budget.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of options in varying situations.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Requires the ability to collaborate with other stakeholders as grounds and building cleanliness appearance standards are set.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) from four-year College or University.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten to fifteen years of related facility physical security, facilities and engineering experience, vendor management, and supervisory experience leading 10+ direct reports
CERTIFICATES AND/OR LICENSES - Preferred
- Certified Facilities Manager
- Facilities OSHA certifications/training
- LEED or LEAN construction experience
- Serve Safe Food Safety Certification.
OTHER SKILLS AND/OR ABILITIES
- Intermediate/Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint and SmartSheet.
- Intermediate skills with electronic, cloud-based enterprise facilities/asset management platforms
Minimum Years of Experience
Required Level of Education
Preferred Level of Education
Back to top