Sr. Lead Software Engineer, Software Engineering
In this r ole you'll serve as a problem solver, mentor, expert software engineer , and influencer of software engineering at Chick-fil-A . We need you to apply the technical experience you have gained in software development to the design, development, and delivery of highly engineered, complex technical products, serving to both oversee your team and contribute as a member as well as assist others seeking to do that on other teams . You will not be responsible for HR management of your team, though - you'll rather be able to focus on the technical aspects of your team's growth and delivery.
Sound like a challenge you'd like to take on? Apply today & let's get to work!
- Own solution architecture decisions for the team's product
- Lead delivery and operations of the team's product, including both individual contribution and support as well as delegated tasks and support to your team's engineers. We desire our lead engineers to be both leads and engineers, spending about half of their time on leading others and half contributing engineering work themselves.
- Lead, mentor, and assess other staff engineers, exemplifying and teaching best practices, helping to solve knotty problems, reviewing code, and sharing stories
- Interview, select, onboard, and oversee contract engineers
- Assist in the design and delivery of products outside of your team, develop tools and processes for use outside of your team, and/or mentor other engineers or especially lead engineers outside of your team
- Guide engineering team in adoption of Chick-fil-A software engineering standards
- Identify & propose emerging software engineering technologies, methodologies and/or approaches
Note - Working in a DevOps model, this opportunity includes both building and running solutions that could require off hours support. This support is shared amongst the team members to cover weekends and weeknights.
- Experience designing complex software solutions
- Experience mentoring and leading a team , including good interpersonal and team collaboration skills
- Experience with SQL and data modeling
- Experience with source control systems like Git or Subversion
- Experience implementing application security, software design patterns, and the SDLC
- Proven ability to positively influence the engineering culture and practices in a professional environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
- Experience with TDD, CI/CD, agile, Kanban, or similar software development practices
- Experience with Unix/Linux
Preferred Level of Education
Back to top