Sr. Lead Quality Engineer
- Atlanta, GA
The Quality Engineer - Operations, is responsible for providing support in the critical areas of the Distribution Center for Chick-fil-A Supply. This role will focus on understanding the engineering quality needs of the business and overseeing the enhancement of process capabilities. Additionally, it will leverage quality management systems, engineering and Lean Six Sigma tools to align with the objectives of Business Excellence. The role will also coordinate with subject matter experts and key stakeholders at the Distribution Center to create solutions and define performance goals and metrics, thereby creating/driving internal processes and systems to ensure appropriate due diligence is applied to business decisions.
A wholly owned subsidiary of Chick-fil-A, Inc., Chick-fil-A Supply is a distribution service network focused entirely on serving the unique needs and growing volume of Chick-fil-A restaurants. This position will provide multi-site, continuous improvement for our network.
- Provide subject matter expertise in EtQ, Risk Management, Process Validation and Statistical Methodology.
- Determine quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to warehousing and distribution
- Drive systemic improvements in current systems to enable sustained performance in support of the organization's broader continuous improvement initiatives.
- Build a global quality standards program for the entity and oversee implementation of QMS and the Quality organization.
- Drive statistical confidence through the identification of sample size and acceptable error
- Lead organization of quality roles, to include the development and performance of Quality Leads, Technicians, Analysts and team members.
- Analyze data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests
- Make recommendations on the Cost of Quality metrics.
- Inspect and test materials, equipment, processes, and products to ensure quality specifications are met.
- Collaborate with business leaders to develop and implement controls and improvements.
- Champion workflow, processes, and products for compliance with safety regulations.
- Perform root cause analysis for all quality related production issues, using the quality clinic model.
- Develop corrective actions, solutions, and improvements
- Bachelor's degree in quality, industrial or mechanical engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in quality engineering, quality assurance or a similar role
- Experience coding and using QA software tools and processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent business communication and presentation skills.
- Proven Lean Deployment Experience in a multi-location organization.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with ERP Systems.
- Master's in engineering or MBA.
- ASQ certification
- ISO 9001 working knowledge
Minimum Years of Experience
Required Level of Education
Bachelor's Degree in Quality, Industrial and Mechanical Engineering Bachelor's Degree in Quality, Industrial and Mechanical Engineering
Back to top