Sr. Lead, Nutrition Strategy - Menu & Packaging
This role will shape the long-term nutrition and wellness strategy for Chick-fil-A. By leveraging technical nutrition expertise as well as project management skills, this person will influence the long-term pipeline development for the Chick-fil-A menu.
This person will serve as part of the Menu Strategy team within the Restaurant Experience sub-department. This professional role requires a self-driven, innovative, collaborative and strategic person. This person needs to be able to work with a sense of urgency in supporting Operators' needs for nutrition and allergen information.
Technical Nutrition Expertise
- Provide technical leadership as a subject matter expert on nutrition and wellness for Chick-fil-A and its Customers.
- Collaborate with partners on nutrition and allergen information needs, including Culinary Team, Category Leads, Menu Services, External Relations, Food Safety, Legal, Supply Chain, and other partners.
- Proactively stay abreast of current nutrition science and regulatory issues, serving as the lead point of contact for the Regulatory team on implementation and communication of laws and issues.
- Provide nutrition and ingredient guardrails for all new product development.
- Evolve the nutrition and allergen process to address current and future needs of nutritional information.
- Support Menu Services when needed on inputting nutrition, ingredient, and allergen information into Nutrition Software for all menu tests and rollouts.
- Provide input to International team on nutrition and ingredients.
- Represent Chick-fil-A externally in technical forums as needed.
- Maintain nutritional accreditation via continuing education courses and conferences.
Long-Term Nutrition, Wellness and Allergen Strategy
- Shape the Chick-fil-A nutrition and wellness strategy.
- Define guardrails, identify nutrition and wellness gaps in menu, and proactively plan for long-term strength of the brand.
- Share vision with the organization on existing and future nutrition initiatives.
- Create and lead relationships with external industry-leading expert partners for their consultation on nutrition and wellness strategy.
- Benchmark with external organizations, including supplier partners on capabilities for advanced nutrition science development.
- Lead proactive communication planning for Operators and Team Members regarding nutrition, including:
- Respond to Operator questions in a timely and thorough manner.
- Respond to Customer questions in a timely and thorough manner.
- Set a communication strategy for Team Members regarding what goes into procedures, including enabling them to speak to allergens and nutrition information.
- Partner with Customer Technology & Insights on a framework for sustainable nutrition and allergen communication on digital properties that meets evolving Customer expectations.
Nutrition and Ingredient Project Manager
- Serve as the Project Manager Lead for Nutrition and Ingredient work, including the following:
- Project Management:
- Deliver Ingredient roadmap rollouts, including creating and gaining approval on project scopes for all work within roadmap.
- Lead Ingredient projects from initiation through launch, ensuring stakeholders are informed and supportive, Restaurant Operator and customer expectations are met.
- Manage test and rollout budgets to ensure projects are delivered within budget and on time.
- Exhibit strong people skills and the ability to accomplish work effectively in a multi-functional team environment.
- Manage project timelines, leveraging project management tools (i.e. Smartsheet).
- Understand specifications and the specification system.
- Strategy & Development:
- Provide leadership, vision and future desired state.
- Manage cross-organizational expectations including roadmap and planning inputs for projects.
- Work closely with Supply Chain to understand preferred supplier capabilities.
- Project Management:
- Registered & Licensed Dietitian
- Project Management skills
- Food Service Experience
- Proficiency in Genesis or other nutrition data software
- Knowledge of food science
- Understanding of allergens
Minimum Years of Experience
Required Level of Education
Preferred Level of Education
Nutrition or Food Science
Minimum GPA (4.0 Scale)
Back to top