Sr. Lead MDM Solution Architect
- Atlanta, GA
As a Sr. Lead Master Data Engineer, you will be responsible for leading complex role-specific project work as a part of a larger cross-functional team in support of one or more lines of business during the implementation of our master data management initiative. Sr. Lead Master Data Engineers will design and implement necessary master data infrastructure on technically complex projects, focusing on developing solutions to master data management and technology needs based upon business requirements. They must be able to quickly develop mastery of the master data lifecycle across any line of business for which they are responsible. Our Sr. Lead Master Data Engineers will work with wide latitude for action or decisions on projects that are more complex or cross-functional in nature. They act as a subject-matter-expert and resource on master data management and technology issues for the larger community of analysts, and they may represent EA in external conversations and may assist with the selection or oversight of outside vendor partners. They are expected to influence the project execution of IT and analyst teams. Successful candidates for this role must have strong analytical and data modeling skills, a deep understanding of database technology and data use within analytic platforms, and they must have strong programming skills with SQL and/or Python. We expect our Sr. Lead Master Data Engineers to have demonstrated fluency and competency in both the technology language of IT and the analyst language of departmental analysts. They should have experience developing and implementing master data management platforms and a moderate level of experience with cloud database architecture. They will need to be fast learners with a keen eye for detail, systems thinking, and process design. They must be team players who work steadfastly to create impactful change. This is a professional track role.
The person who fills this role will be expected to do the following as a part of their regular work responsibilities:
- Exhibits wide latitude in aligning business stakeholders and IT to translate business logic into scalable data and analytic solutions on complex projects.
- Partners with the business to design data management process and workflows that provide the highest quality for the most critical data elements for the organization.
- Develops ETL pipelines, data quality rules, and data management/exception workflows for domain specific master data management.
- Designs and develops tool, data, and process best practices for the lines of business on their integration into operational practices.
- Designs specific master data domain implementations, understanding platform performance and cloud compute performance requirements and expectations.
- Helps design patterns for efficient use of cloud compute resources.
- Owns and is accountable for data model and code quality and any relevant documentation.
- Implements data governance principles across specific project execution.
- Act as a subject-matter-expert and resource on master data assets and platform issues for the larger COPA community.
- Drives complex projects to success and enables others to own the impact.
- Has strong analytical and data modeling skills
- Has a deep understanding of database technology
- Has a deep understanding of analytic platform data use
- Has strong programming skills in SQL and/or Python
- Has experience managing/implementating master data management platforms (i.e. Informatica, Stibo Systems, etc.)
- Has experience developing and implementing data models for analytic use
- Has moderate experience with cloud database architecture
- Has the skill to partner with cross-functional teams using strong written and verbal communication
- Fast learner and proven problem solver
- Keen eye for system thinking and process design, especially with respect to scalability and automation
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data
- Has a steadfast focus on creating impactful change
- Has some experience using the AWS big data technology stack
- Has extensive experience with Alteryx or similar ETL platforms
- Has some experience implementing data governance principles
Minimum Years of Experience
Required Level of Education
Preferred Level of Education
MIS, Decision Sciences, Engineering, Business Analytics, Computer Science or other similar fields
Back to top