As a Sr. Lead Data Scientist, you will be responsible for leading technically complex role-specific project work as a part of a larger cross-functional team in support of one or more lines of business. Sr Lead Data Scientists typically analyze data and develop or apply statistical methods, machine learning models, simulation, algorithms, and infrastructure on projects that are technically complex, requiring a working knowledge of components of machine learning and statistical model development, algorithm design, and compute architecture. They must be able to quickly develop mastery of new subject-matter across any line of business for which they have responsibility. Our Sr Lead Data Scientists typically work with wide latitude for action or decisions on outcomes for projects that are typically more complex or cross-functional in nature. They may represent EA in external conversations and may assist with the selection or oversight of outside vendor partners. Successful candidates for this role must have strong analytical and research skills, a strong understanding of statistics and statistical modeling, a working understanding of modern machine learning and its mathematical underpinnings, and they must have strong programming skills with SQL, R and/or Python. They will need to be fast learners with a keen eye for detail, systems thinking, and process design. They must be team players who work steadfastly to create impactful change. This is a professional track role.
The person who fills this role will be expected to do the following as a part of their regular work responsibilities:
- Analyzes data and applies or develops models, algorithms, and/or simulations to solve complex business or technical problems, which may include assisting in building algorithms that power data products.
- Leverages a full menu of pre-defined cloud compute resources and technology.
- Performs statistical analysis to establish causal relationships between drivers and outcomes.
- Acts as an individual contributor on project engagements and is responsible for implementing data science best practice in their work.
- Develops and manages ETL pipes in support of their specific analytic project work.
- Develops and manages models, workflows, and/or code in support of their specific project work.
- Owns and is accountable for model and code quality and documentation for the project work they execute.
- Supports Analytic Translators in their work to communicate and present findings and to deliver training to business partners and key stakeholders, as needed.
- Performs ad-hoc analysis as necessary to support project work.
- Helps drive projects to success, enables others to own the project's impact.
- 3 years professional work experience in machine learning and modeling and/or data science
- Has a strong understanding of statistics and statistical modeling.
- Has a working understanding of modern machine learning and its mathematical underpinnings.
- Has strong programming skills in SQL, R and/or Python.
- Has strong analytical and research skills
- Has the skill to partner with cross-functional teams using strong written and verbal communication.
- Is a fast learner and a proven problem solver.
- Has a keen eye for system thinking and process design, especially with respect to scalability and automation.
- Has a keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data.
- Has a steadfast focus on creating impactful change.
- Master's Degree in a Quantitative or Technical Degree Program and 3.2 GPA
- 5 years professional work experience in machine learning and modeling and/or data science
- Has some experience using the AWS big data technology stack.
- Has some experience developing production ready machine learning or advanced statistical models.
Minimum Years of Experience
Required Level of Education
Preferred Level of Education
Quantitative or Technical Field
Minimum GPA (4.0 Scale)