Sr. Lead Data Engineer
- Atlanta, GA
As a Sr. Lead Data Management Platforms Engineer, you will be responsible for leading significant enterprise wide work as a part of a larger cross-functional team in support of multiple major analytics technology tools. The role will leverage and implement both pre-defined analytics infrastructure as well as create and deploy new patterns on projects of significant technical complexity, focusing on developing solutions to data modeling and/or analytics technology needs. They must be able to quickly develop mastery of the needed subject across a specific line of business for which they are responsible. Our Sr. Lead Data Engineers typically work with wide latitude for action or decisions on specific projects, solutions, or technical issues. They will represent EA in internal conversations and may assist with the selection or oversight of outside vendor partners. Successful candidates for this role must have strong technology and data analysis skills, a solid understanding of database technology and data use within analytic platforms, and they must have strong programming skills with SQL and/or Python. We expect Sr. Lead Data Engineers to have the capacity for fluency and competency in both the technology language of IT and the analyst language of departmental analysts. They will need to be fast learners with a keen eye for detail, systems thinking, and process design. They must be team players who work steadfastly to create impactful change. This is a professional track role.
The person who fills this role will be expected to do the following as a part of their regular work responsibilities:
- Works with business stakeholders and IT to translate business logic into scalable data and analytic solutions.
- Develops ETL pipelines within Tableau/ThoughtSpot/Alteryx for general business consumption, typically leveraging existing patterns as available for specific project execution and building pipelines with scalability in mind.
- Implements tool, data, and analytics best practices for specific project execution and advises COPA on such best practices.
- Leverages tools efficiently, understanding both Tableau and Alteryx performance (including server) and cloud compute performance requirements and expectations.
- Leverages cloud compute resources efficiently.
- Owns and is accountable for data model and code quality and any relevant documentation.
- Implements data governance and master data management principles across specific project execution.
- Performs ad-hoc analysis as necessary to support specific project work.
- Drives projects to success and enables others to own the impact.
- Has strong analytical and data management skills
- Strong process management and process creation skills
- Has a solid understanding of database technology
- Has a solid understanding of reporting and analytic platform data use
- Has developed programming skills in SQL and Python or R
- Has the skill to partner with cross-functional teams using strong written and verbal communication
- Fast learner and proven problem solver
- Keen eye for system thinking and process design, especially with respect to scalability and automation
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data
- Has a steadfast focus on creating impactful change
- Has some experience using the AWS big data technology stack
- Has moderate experience with Alteryx or similar ETL platforms
- Has moderate experience with Tableau or similar data visualization tools
- Has some experience implementing data governance principles
Minimum Years of Experience
Required Level of Education
Preferred Level of Education
Back to top