Sr. Lead Analyst, Tax Technology
The Chick-fil-A Tax Department is responsible for tax compliance, technology, special projects, research and audit defense functions for independently-owned franchised restaurants and corporate activities. We exist to provide tax planning, regulatory reporting and consulting to stakeholders, governments, external auditors and business leaders. As we grow in complexity and global footprint, we seek to influence business decisions, reduce tax liability and mitigate risk.
This role will serve the Chick-fil-A Tax Department by enhancing and maintaining the various technology systems used within the Tax Department. The role will be a key stakeholder in various strategic initiatives and will serve as a liaison with internal business partners such as Beyond the Restaurant, Distribution, International, Financial Services and Digital Transformation. This role is responsible for ensuring updates are applied timely to the tax applications, and all systems are tested for accuracy and completeness as new technology is implemented. This individual will be responsible for leveraging new technology tools to solve business problems, analyze and query data sets and evaluate and implement efficiencies in Tax Department processes.
Click HERE to see a quick video about Tax at Chick-fil-A!
Essential Functions: Primary Responsibilities:
Support Tax Department by performing the following essential functions:
• Serve as project lead and project manager for new system implementations and upgrades such as indirect tax compliance, indirect tax determination and income tax system related work
• Serve as technology liaison with various internal partners for strategic initiatives. Lead the creation and maintenance of the tax systems necessary to ensure proper tax reporting for strategic initiatives (process design, system selection, implementation, user acceptance, training and go-live and post go-live phases). Improve the understanding of the tax departments technology and information needs to support the business, while meeting regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrate an understanding of increasingly complex sales tax concepts and effectively apply knowledge to develop and maintain tax systems and data flow.
• Identify tax technology needs, including opportunities for process improvements, automation, efficiency gains and application of tax process and technology best practices through the use of existing technology and the implementation of new technology.
• Stay abreast of any regulatory changes on local, state and federal levels which might involve tax system changes
• Required to manage more than one complex assignment at once.
• Works closely with Digital Transformation Team to prototype, develop, regression test and implement tax technology solutions
• Challenge and inspires team members to achieve business ant tax results through mentoring and coaching
Scope of Responsibility: See above
Complexity: Manage complex technical projects and posses a technical understanding of both tax and systems
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or Information Technology
Master's Degree in Accounting or Tax, Masters Information Systems Degree, CPA, Experience with SQL, Tableau, Alteryx, OneSource, Oracle Fusion, Amazon Web Services, Indirect Tax Determination (Sabrix), Vertex, Project Management Certification, Six Sigma Certification, CPA eligible
Minimum Years of Experience
Required Level of Education
Preferred Level of Education
Meet Some of Chick-fil-A's Employees
Natalie W.Customer & Market Insights
Natalie focuses on understanding what consumers think about the brand, ensuring that the company's brand strategy and decision making process are informed by consumer perceptions and needs.
Back to top