Sr. Franchise Attorney
The Sr. Franchise Attorney is a full-time Senior Leadership position within the Chick-fil-A Legal Department dedicated to providing legal counsel, strategy, and direction on a wide variety of issues relating to the Chick-fil-A franchise system. The Sr. Franchise Attorney will interact with leaders within the Legal Department and across the business to advise, educate, and strategize on a wide variety of issues that impact the company's franchise structure and it relationships with its 1700+ franchisees and licensees.
- Advise and support all areas of the business regarding issues relating to the Chick-fil-A franchise system and the company's agreements with its franchisees and licensees.
- Partner with various departments on projects and initiatives that impact the company's franchise system and its agreements with its franchisees and licensees.
- Monitor new and developing laws and regulations relating to franchising and lead the development of internal systems to ensure compliance.
- Collaborate with Legal Department attorneys to review, advise on, and identify franchise-related issues within other legal work being done by the Department.
- Develop and participate in training programs for Corporate Staff and a wide variety of business teams relating to the Chick-fil-A franchise system.
- Serve on and lead cross-functional teams and attend business meetings to provide legal advice to business partners across the organization relating to the Chick-fil-A franchise system and related subjects.
- Assist in-house and outside litigation counsel with the defense of litigation that raises or relates to franchise issues.
- Communicate franchise issues and legal updates, strategies, and processes to others within the Legal Department and to Chick-fil-A business teams.
- Select and manage outside legal work and legal costs relating to franchise issues.
- Monitor and oversee franchise compliance activities, including leading team(s) responsible for preparing franchise and license agreements, managing franchisee and licensee records, and updating and filing annual Franchise Disclosure Documents for all franchise programs.
- Lead administrative matters relating to the company's franchise work, including planning, budgeting, and strategy, and participate in planning, budget, and strategy discussions pertaining to the Legal Department as a whole.
- 8+ YEARS LEGAL EXPERIENCE PROVIDING LEGAL COUNSEL ON COMPLEX BUSINESS ISSUES
- PRIOR SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE
- STATE BAR MEMBERSHIP
- LAW DEGREE FROM ACCREDITED LAW SCHOOL
- DEMONSTRATED ACADEMIC SUCCESS IN LAW SCHOOL
- STRONG COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- ABILITY TO IDENTIFY AND SET PRIORITIES
- STRONG ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS
- HIGH LEVEL OF INITIATIVE AND DESIRE TO WORK WITH AN IN-HOUSE LEGAL DEPARTMENT
- ABILITY TO SERVE THE BUSINESS BY PARTICIPATING ON AND LEADING CROSS-FUNCTIONAL PROJECTS AND CROSS-FUNCTIONAL TEAM
- PRIOR EXPERIENCE ADVISING ON FRANCHISE ISSUES
- PRIOR EXPERIENCE ADVISING ON JOINT EMPLOYER ISSUES
- PRIOR LITIGATION EXPERIENCE
Minimum Years of Experience
Required Level of Education
Back to top