Software Engineering Team Lead, Restaurant IoT
- Atlanta, GA
Chick-fil-A is rolling out one of the largest Kubernetes deployments in the industry to support Internet of Things and Edge Computing use cases in our 2000+ North American restaurants. We need an experienced, passionate distributed systems engineering lead to drive the rollout and continued improvements to this critical platform.
At Chick-fil-A, in the Software Engineering Team Lead role, you will serve as a team leader, problem solver, mentor, and expert software engineer. We need you to apply your technical experience to the design, development, and delivery of complex technical products. You will oversee the work on your team and contribute hands-on as a team member.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to the engineering team
- Lead and mentor a team of software engineers
- Leverage Agile methodology for the development and release of software
- Identify & propose emerging software engineering technologies and/or approaches
- Working in a DevOps model, this opportunity includes both building and running solutions that could require off hours support. This support is shared amongst the team members to cover weekends and weeknights.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 8+ years of related professional experience
- Significant experience building and supporting systems deployed to enterprise cloud providers (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Significant production experience with large-scale distributed systems (preferably Kubernetes)
- Significant production experience with Docker or other container runtimes
- Expert-level knowledge in software engineering (Golang, Python, Java, Shell Scripting, and/or similar languages)
- Experience mentoring and leading an engineering team
- Passion for fast-paced, high-quality, agile delivery
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and testing automation
- Production experience with Kubernetes
- Production experience integrating with Amazon AWS
- Experience with managing large scale distributed software deployments
- Experience with large-scale Internet of Things (IOT) deployments
- Experience with service mesh architectures
- Experience with Prometheus, Elastisearch, Grafana, or other tools for observability in distributed systems.
Minimum Years of Experience
Required Level of Education
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
Back to top