Project Lead, Facility Sustainment
- Atlanta, GA
Serve as the center of excellence for Chick-fil-A Supply's maintenance and facilities management operations. This includes developing strategies, plans, and standards to meet the business needs, promote operational excellence, drive continuous improvement and innovation, and monitor the performance of Facilities Maintenance providers and vendors. Role requires an understanding of the business needs and knowledge of leading maintenance and facilities management practices, industry benchmarks and trends. The ideal candidate for this role is a leader who will work collaboratively with operations, maintenance, and IFM provider teams to develop strategies and solutions to best meet the business needs in a cost-effective, efficient manner while meeting Safety, Quality and Compliance (SQC) requirements.
About Chick-fil-A Supply
A wholly owned subsidiary of Chick-fil-A, Inc., Chick-fil-A Supply™ is a distribution service provider focused entirely on serving the unique needs of Chick-fil-A restaurants.
Due to steady, year-over-year sales and volume growth, combined with the complexity in our Restaurants, Chick-fil-A Supply supports current and future Restaurant needs through distribution innovation that extends the Chick-fil-A culture of care to those it serves, as well as those it employs.
This subsidiary is in the early stages of development and is a dynamic, fast-paced work environment focused on launching this new service to Restaurants across the nation.
- Develop and execute strategies to meet business needs and growth plans; be trusted/valued advisor to operations
- Develop initiatives to drive innovation and continuous improvement including asset reliability, equipment and infrastructure optimization, energy and water usage reduction, and waste generation reduction
- Supports the strategic planning of technology needs to adequately integrate asset management data and platforms within the department
- Leads the design, implementation and sustainment of an asset records management strategy for digital and hard copy facility-related documentation and records
- Develop life cycle asset plans and capital plans (including predictive capital planning) to optimize asset utilization, identify potential asset replacements and ensure sufficient company funds are budgeted; participates in the development and administration of operational and capital budgets
- Monitor performance of maintenance providers including participation in governance meetings to ensure desired outcomes are achieved; analyze maintenance spend, perform trend and root cause analysis to minimize future occurrences
- Develop and manage open source reporting tools, scorecards, and KPI's to support capital, expense, and vendor services analysis
- Work with business partners and maintenance provider to develop and monitor preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, and autonomous maintenance programs, spare parts optimization, and break-down analysis methodology
- Keep abreast and drive changes in keeping with maintenance & facilities management trends, leading practices, and industry benchmarks to identify ways to improve operations
- Knowledge of warehouse/distribution center processes, layouts, systems, designs
- Knowledge of building operations and equipment maintenance (including production equipment maintenance)
- Knowledge of leading maintenance and facilities management leading practices, industry benchmarks, and industry trends, and leading technology solutions
- Ability to develop initiatives to drive operational excellence and continuous improvement including identifying and evaluating potential options and building a business case for change
- Application familiarity/proficiency: Microsoft Office Suite (incl. Visio, Project, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook), CAD, Design Drawings, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop and execute large strategic projects/initiatives with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and drive execution across multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence, and drive for results through cross-functional and teams at all levels
- Excellent at establishing, building and maintaining functional working relationships within CFA Supply and with the maintenance providers and vendors
- Demonstrated ability in effectively getting work done with and through others
- Demonstrated capacity to work well within team environments, including experience in managing team dynamics and exerting influence without the benefit of possessing direct authority
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative methods
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills including ability to develop and deliver executive level presentations
- Must be able to communicate complex issues and concepts simply to gain understanding, buy-in and support across all organizational levels
- Logical, analytical, organized thinker
- Knowledge of building operations and equipment, maintenance, and facilities management preferably in food processing and distribution centers
- Knowledge of design and operation of food production equipment
- Knowledge of engineering principles, practices, and processes related to distribution facility layout/design, construction, and operations
- Knowledge of leading practices, industry benchmarks and trends
- Strong knowledge of CMMS systems, relational databases, and open source reporting tools (incl. Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- Ability to develop strategies and solutions to drive operational excellence and continuous improvement
Minimum Years of Experience
Required Level of Education
Preferred Level of Education
Back to top