Principal Program Lead, Fleet Safety
- Atlanta, GA
As the Principal Program Lead - Fleet Safety & Compliance, you will lead development and implementation of the Chick-fil-A Supply® Corporate Fleet Safety & Compliance programs within the Safety, Quality and Compliance ("SQC") function. In this role, you will have the opportunity to enhance standards, processes, trainings, and data systems that meet the needs of the organization and your colleagues - which in turn will help drive continued innovation at an operation like no other in the food service industry.
About Chick-fil-A Supply®
A wholly owned subsidiary of Chick-fil-A, Inc., Chick-fil-A Supply® is a distribution service provider focused entirely on serving the unique needs of Chick-fil-A restaurants.
Due to steady, year-over-year sales and volume growth, combined with the complexity in our Restaurants, Chick-fil-A Supply® supports current and future Restaurant needs through distribution innovation that extends the Chick-fil-A culture of care to those it serves, as well as those it employs.
This subsidiary is in the early stages of development and is a dynamic, fast-paced work environment focused on launching this new service to Restaurants across the nation.
To be successful in this role, you will lead implementation of Corporate Fleet Safety & Compliance programs, drive a safe work culture, evaluate and mitigate fleet safety risks, lead Fleet Safety & Compliance training, analyze data to inform safe decision making, and much more to ensure Chick-fil-A Supply® facilities comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Regulatory compliance includes but is not limited to: FDA, USDA, GDA and DOT.
As the Principal Program Lead - Fleet Safety & Compliance, you will intimately understand the needs of employees, customers and the community, and will treat all parties with dignity and respect in difficult situations and maintain a positive, service-focused mindset.
In addition, a successful Principal Program Lead - Fleet Safety & Compliance will:
· Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations regarding transportation and workplace safety.
o Monitor driver qualification files and the hiring and selection process
o Review hours of service records for accuracy
o Ensure DOT drug / alcohol program is compliant with regulations
o Work with maintenance vendors to ensure PM compliance and demand maintenance are compliant
· Maintain the driver handbook, the collection of safety regulations, processes, and best practices for our drivers
· Develop materials and conduct training for drivers in the implementation of the Transportation Safety Management System
· Oversee and implement the elements of a Crash Management process including coordination of
reporting, investigation, documentation and management of incidents
o Review accident file contents for accuracy and documents needed
o Gatekeeper for accident preventable decisions and ensure proper accountability delivered
o Provide a comprehensive and accurate monthly report containing appropriate metrics
o Provide monthly scorecards which include tactics and activities from a National perspective
· Mentor the competency of managers in safety management practices, protocols and procedures
o Conduct an overall DOT compliance course 2 times per year
o Teach PACE ride along principles to Management
o Ensure in vehicle driver training is completed with every active driver
o Create and communicate the accident management protocol
o Perform accident investigation training to all levels of the Organization
· Conduct audits and inspections of private fleet to monitor compliance
o Conduct DOT compliance audits at regulated sites and institute a site self-inspection protocol for all sites
o Conduct maintenance vendor audits to determine maintenance compliance with FMCSR regulations
o Conduct periodic inspections of 3rd party administration compliance with DQF, CSA & D&A program requirements
· Monitor CSA Basic Scores to address trends and drive performance
o Oversee and monitor roadside inspection process reports
o Maintain roadside inspection documentation and coach field management on roadside inspection issues
· Provide expertise in the areas of Fleet Safety & Compliance assessments, capital projects, work orders, and general related issues
· Work cross-functionally (e.g., Operations, HR, Legal, IT) to ensure corporate policies effectively drive compliance with all laws, regulations and company policies and procedures
· Support employee and contractor engagement; collect and evaluate Fleet Safety & Compliance concerns
· Support company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
· Implement Fleet Safety & Compliance strategy as set forth by Chick-fil-A Supply®
To be successful in this role, you must have:
· Bachelor's Degree Logistics, Transportation, Supply Chain, or related field
· 10+ years transportation management and/ or safety management experience
· Possess extensive knowledge of OSHA 29 CFR 1910 regulations
· Extensive knowledge of federal and state safety laws, particularly DOT, FMCSR, and OSHA standards.
· Working knowledge of Analytical Tools (Hyperion, Data Mining/Reporting) and other logistics software
· Working knowledge of the performance management/ monitoring systems
· Analysis and identification of risk trends, problems and solutions.
· Ability to interact cooperatively, collaboratively, and cross functionally with others as a team.
· Understand and apply meaningful operations and safety performance metrics.
· Ability to lead and influence in a matrix organization
· Ability to plan and execute events, safety meetings, accident review meetings, and safety celebrations.
· Experience working with Transportation Management Systems (TMS)
· Highly skilled in Organizational Design and Management
· Have at least 5 years in food distribution operations
Minimum Years of Experience
Required Level of Education
Preferred Level of Education
Back to top