- Atlanta, GA
The Principal New Restaurant Lead (NRL) is responsible for supporting business startup for Chick-fil-A's Core Restaurant Concepts and Satellite Location Concepts which includes an emphasis on Licensee Locations run by Food Service Providers. When needed, the Principle New Restaurant Lead (NRL) may support Operators as they navigate major strategic reinvestment projects. The Principle New Restaurant Lead (NRL) will support a rolling business portfolio of 6 to 8 Operator relationships at any given time.
The Principal New Restaurant Lead (NRL) is directly responsible for ensuring a successful opening of and handover of new restaurants. Therefore, the Principal New Restaurant Lead (NRL) is entrusted with making business decisions that set the Operators and the business up for sustained success. These decisions include setting the opening and transition dates, addressing legal and PR needs and ensuring the Chick-fil-A brand is protected.
The Principal New Restaurant Lead (NRL) primarily works with individual Operators, acting as a thought partner for Operators to help them maximize their business opportunity. For new-to-Chick-fil-A Operators, this partnership includes pre-opening support and post-opening support throughout their first 8-12mo of business operations. For existing Operators with Chick-fil-A experience, this partnership includes pre-opening support.
At all Restaurant Openings, the Principal New Restaurant Lead (NRL) is responsible for the providing direction and oversight for 10-20 Leadership Development Participants and serving as their primary coach as they provide on-site support for Operators.
At the Support Center, the Principal New Restaurant Lead (NRL) is responsible for coordinating with Support Center staff who support the opening (e.g. Marketing/PR, Restaurant Development, DTT, Facilities and Equipment, etc). The Principal New Restaurant Lead (NRL) is responsible for building and maintaining a strong working relationship with the market's Principle Operator Lead to ensure alignment with business initiatives and priorities.
Within the Field Development Strategies Organization, the Principal New Restaurant Lead (NRL) may participate in special projects.
This role is based at the Chick-fil-A Support Center in Atlanta, Georgia and involves 40-60% (note: 2 days = 40%; 3 days = 60%) travel during the business work week. The Principle New Restaurant Lead (NRL) will report to the Team Director. This is a Non-People Leader role.
Strategic Advisor and Business Coach
- Quickly builds trusted advisor relationships with Operators.
- Provides strategic advice to individual Operators to start strong and establish a healthy, sustainable Restaurant business.
- Provides expertise to Operators as they refine their business strategies in the first 8-12mo of business operations; advises on short-term and long-term market strategies to foster sustainable success
- Supports Operators as they navigate complex market dynamics around PR, growth, customer dynamics, marketing and understand unique business challenges of the market.
- Provides hyper-focus on the fundamentals of proven operational practices: e valuates all menu items including taste, color, and temperature; provides feedback to Operators to ensure consistency across the Brand.
- Partners with Operators to identify areas of risk in the restaurant and address food safety and people safety issues; troubleshoots to help resolve food safety and quality risks, when necessary.
- Supports Operators with information and resources to guide decision-making and Restaurant-level implementation of initial operational and marketing plans.
- Steward and share leading practices (i.e. internal and Operator facing) as well as connect Operators to resources and know resources available (i.e. Leadwell).
- Partners with Operations Leads to ensure alignment with market goals.
- Provides assignment supervision for individual LDP Participants as they assist in business startup work for new restaurants and concepts.
- Leads and/or participates in LDP Special Projects.
- Strengthens Chick-fil-A's talent pipeline of staff (LDP Participants) and Operators.
- Partners with support center staff to ensure a coordinated and successful restaurant opening and handoff.
- Partners with the Senior Principle Restaurant Transitions Lead to ensure successful transition to new Operators.
- Protects the Brand by advising on and holding Operators accountable to CFA standards, systems, measurements, strategies and tools.
- Advises on the intent and boundaries of the Operator Agreement.
- Keeps Operators up to date on all relevant news and expectations from Chick-fil- A, Inc.
- Represents field realities across the Support Center to ensure informed decisions are made and tools and resources are created to support healthy, sustainable Restaurant businesses.
- Foundational business acumen
- Strong time management and work prioritize skills
- Ability to distill complex, disparate data into actionable insights
- Strong competence in self-awareness and the awareness of others
- Ability to build relationship, coach and influence individuals and groups
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience driving continuous improvement and motivating individuals to act
- Strong active listening skills
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Strong follow through on commitments in a timely manner
- Ability to provide clear and consistent feedback
- Strong level of learning agility
- Experience facilitating groups to reach common goals
- Master's Degree
- Professional Coaching Certification
- Restaurant operations experience
Minimum Years of Experience
Required Level of Education
Preferred Level of Education
Back to top