Principal Design Lead, Restaurant Design
The Principal Design Lead will be responsible for providing regional design leadership and design project management for new and existing Chick-fil-A restaurants. This position partners with real estate, construction and operations teams, and is accountable for communication, training, and leadership with our regional design Consultant. You will ensure a consistent brand expression and operational efficiencies as we develop Chick-fil-A restaurants throughout the U.S.
- Partner with regional development and construction teams to lead, direct, and train Chick-fil-A regional architects, engineers, and consultants on Chick-fil-A Brand standards and requirements.
- Provide design guidance to regional design partners in developing design intent packages, presentations for local municipalities, design review committees, planning commissions and city councils.
- Develop conceptual layouts and designs for new restaurants (Custom stores, free-standing, conversions, and in-lines).
- Administer and coordinate all conceptual layouts, seating & décor layouts, and exterior brand expressions.
- Provide compliant design solutions to code interpretations, building standard requirements, site requests, etc.
- Provide design leadership and training to Chick-fil-A's regional architectural and engineering partners.
- Track all regional design projects in alignmentwith Chick-fil-A project pipeline schedule.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate to ensure alignment of design solutions
- Professional license preferred.
- Experience in preparing and presenting projects before regulatory agencies such as Design Review Committees, Planning Commissions and City Councils.
- Use and knowledge of Autodesk suite (Autocad, Revit Architecture) and other 3D modeling software (Sketchup, 3D Studio Max) (preferred).
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of building codes and standards and application.
- Develop and maintain working relationship with internal and external resources.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint).
- 20-25% Travel Required.
- Preferr edrelevant experience in Retail, Restaurant or Hospitality Design; working in Corporate Environments or with Corporate Teams.
Minimum Years of Experience
Required Level of Education
Preferred Level of Education
Architecture, Building Construction, Environmental Design, Graphic Design, or related field
Meet Some of Chick-fil-A's Employees
Customer & Market Insights
Natalie focuses on understanding what consumers think about the brand, ensuring that the company's brand strategy and decision making process are informed by consumer perceptions and needs.
Back to top