Platform Engineer III, Tools and Staff Support (Endpoint Management)
As a Platform Engineer on the IT Tools Team, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting IT security systems for over 30,000 devices across Chick-fil-A's enterprise. You will be tasked with evaluating the health and threat landscape for our endpoints, then developing solutions in collaboration with our Cybersecurity and Identity Teams to influence positive change in the security landscape.
In this role, you will identify opportunities to develop automation that improves security, responsiveness, and end user experience on managed endpoints. Once opportunities have been identified, you will work with internal and external stakeholders to drive these solutions. You will also act as a voice for security in the IT business landscape, communicating potential security impact of team decisions to better drive positive change.
- Own and lead systems related to endpoint security including application whitelisting, disk encryption, and antivirus solutions.
- Consult with other members of IT Tools Team in architecting Active Directory Group Policy for managed Windows endpoints, client firewall, and data loss prevention solutions.
- Architect processes for security software deployments and provide post-implementation support to business users.
- Act as your team's primary liaison with IT Cybersecurity Team, ensuring endpoint management solutions are architected to balance security requirements and user experience.
- Drive automation by blending business need with seamless, user-friendly implementations.
- Steward $1M+ in team budget allocation, distribution of funds, and invoicing/payments.
- Direct contracted resources for multiple platforms and projects.
- Grow healthy relationships with external vendors, acting as primary point of contact for escalated support and software renewals.
- Create product feature enhancements with external vendors, driving product changes to meet CFA's growing business needs.
- Maintain and audit compliance of endpoints based on security best practices, rules, and regulations.
- Design and deliver security improvements while remaining conscious of business user experience.
- Ideate, design, and deliver custom solutions with Security Engineering that reduce CFA's threat landscape.
- Build trusted relationships between IT Tools and business stakeholders, including IT Security, POS developers, CFA HELP, Staff Support.
- Communicate with internal customers and be able to present information in a non-technical manner.
- Clearly document processes, workflows, and platform designs.
- Be on the leading edge of security industry knowledge, researching and identifying opportunities to better protect Chick-fil-A's managed endpoints.
- 3+ Years experience administering endpoint antivirus or whitelisting solutions
- Experience managing Windows Group Policy
- 3+ Years experience in automation using PowerShell, Python, or comparable language
- Detail oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal and team collaboration skills
- Experience implementing and managing an enterprise whitelisting solution (Carbon Black Protect, Windows Device Guard)
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical field or commensurate experience.
- Cybersecurity Training (SANS)
- Experience managing endpoint security tools in a large-scale implementation (10,000+ devices)
- ITIL Foundation Certification
Minimum Years of Experience
Back to top