Candidates MUST watch the 2 videos below BEFORE expressing interest in the Leadership Development Program:
1. LDP Experience
2. Learn more about the logistics of the External Leadership Development Program HERE
3. If you would like to know more information before applying, please CLICK HERE to attend an LDP Webinar. T his fun and interactive virtual event shares more about the LDP interview process and best practices. Attendees will also have the opportunity to converse and connect with current members of the LDP.
The Leadership Development Program is a 30 to 36-month developmental program that requires 100% travel including weekends. It is available to individuals who are interested in growing their business acumen and restaurant leadership skills in their pursuit of future leadership opportunities with Chick-fil-A or other businesses. As a Leadership Development Participant, you will be required to gain full knowledge of what it takes to lead and operate a Chick-fil-A Restaurant. Your first 4 to 6-months will be spent working in a restaurant learning brand standards and working alongside team members to learn restaurant roles and responsibilities.
After being prepared to lead a Chick-fil-A restaurant, you will enter a two-year training process to develop the key competencies needed to own a Chick-fil-A Franchise, work at the Chick-fil-A Support Center in Atlanta or obtain an opportunity in another organization.
LDP participants serve as leaders in roles that support the business needs of Chick-fil-A, including ensuring restaurant excellence at grand openings and in Chick-fil-A operated restaurants, primarily through the capacity as a Grand Opening Supervisor and Interim Manager.
Grand Opening Supervisor:
- Prepare new restaurants for their grand opening by planning and executing the Operator's vision for the business
- Assist the Operator in the Team Member hiring process by scheduling interviews and providing administrative support
- Recruit, select and schedule the Grand Opening Trainers, in addition to completing all their hiring and payroll paperwork
- Ensure Grand Opening Trainers are complying with all brand procedures and standards
- Ensure a high standard of food quality and safety
- Establish and order initial inventory; source vendor options for Operator
- Provide support and training for all back-office systems
- Identify and solve any operational bottlenecks that may occur throughout the Grand Opening process
- Assess the current state of the business in terms of people, quality, growth and financial stability
- Establish and maintain any necessary compliances
- Comply with all required employment laws and regulations
- Develop and implement required training programs for Team Members
- Communicate clearly with and actively lead Team Members
- Foster and grow restaurant leaders who will serve the incoming Operator effectively
- Ensure a high standard of restaurant cleanliness and customer satisfaction
- Successfully transition the restaurant to the incoming Operator; ensure all Team Members and the incoming Operator fully understand all established systems
- Bachelor's degree or five years of leadership experience
- Strong academic background or a proven track record of leadership
- High standards of excellence (honesty, integrity, diligence, etc.)
- Excellent judgement and decision-making skills
- High level of personal initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities effectively
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
Minimum Years of Experience