Engineer, Quality Engineering
This role will contribute on a Software Development Pod serving as a technical testing expert. The role will have three main focuses: crafting and sustaining complex test automation code, influencing technical testing strategies, and serving as the point of contact for all quality-related attributes of a product.
We want you to leverage your technical background to build testing solutions that ensure the quality of software used by our customers and restaurant Operators. You'll be hands-on with the development of automation scripts and the creation of testing tools and techniques. You will use innovative testing technologies and approaches to meet the needs of the products being developed. You will participate in requirement-defining sessions as well as code reviews, and UI and API test development. You will perform manual testing that is exploratory in nature and which prepares you for test automation. In addition, you'll also be embedded on a Pod with other technologists and together you will deliver solutions built on top of the latest technologies like cloud computing, micro services, and mobile applications.
You will be the chief advocate for driving practices such as Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) and Test-Driven Development (TDD) in projects, coordinating all test-related activities. You will direct the testing efforts and quality-related practices for a product area.
You'll also be responsible to communicate regularly to product owners, project stakeholders, Quality team members and engineering resources regarding the system's quality to promote quality development practices. You will establish and regularly report on quality-related key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Design and develop software testing solutions
- Grow into a subject matter expert in areas like application security, data analytics, machine learning, mobile development, testing, and UI/UX
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science or another applicable technical field
- Experience with SQL
- Understanding of SDLC
- Good interpersonal and team collaboration skills
- Understanding of application security
- Experience with Unix/Linux
- Experience with source control systems like Git or Subversion
- Experience with testing technologies like Selenium, jMeter, RESTAssured, Cucumber for Java, Protractor/Jasmine, and/or Cypress
Minimum Years of Experience
Required Level of Education
Meet Some of Chick-fil-A's Employees
Natalie W.Customer & Market Insights
Natalie focuses on understanding what consumers think about the brand, ensuring that the company's brand strategy and decision making process are informed by consumer perceptions and needs.
Back to top