Accountant II, Corporate Financial Analysis & Lease Accounting
The Lease Accounting team supports Chick-fil-A and its franchisees by managing the financial obligations of Chick-fil-A, Inc. leases. This includes ensuring lease financial obligations are met, accounting for lease expenses on Chick-fil-A, Inc.'s financials per US GAAP and IFRS, providing valuable reports and data, and maintaining proper accounting as lessor to Chick-fil-A Restaurant franchisees and other third parties.
As a Lease Accountant, you will be entrusted with financial oversight of real estate leases and equipment leases covering Chick-fil-A Restaurants and Corporate properties. You will be a trusted partner across the organization by adding value to business decisions in other departments.
Lease accounting experience is not necessary. The Lease Accounting Team is looking for someone who enjoys leading work independently, is analytical, a natural problem-solver, coachable, and seeks continuous process improvement.
The Financial Services Department Will Provide You with Opportunities to:
- Contribute to Chick-fil-A through challenging and meaningful work
- Develop personally and professionally in a learning centered culture
- Cultivate positive professional relationships with Franchisees and accounting colleagues
- Collaborate in a team-oriented environment
- Receive unparalleled coaching, mentoring and development experiences
- Responsible for accounting on all Chick-fil-A, Inc. lease agreements, amendments, extensions and other financial agreements covering our restaurant sites and corporate properties
- Partner with Real Estate, Restaurant Development and Legal Operations to ensure rental obligations are met based on lease critical dates
- Maintain data integrity within lease management system to provide accurate and timely reporting for internal parties
- Perform lease classification testing and implement proper lease accounting, consulting in-house Technical Accountant as needed
- Create Rent Calculation Report for lease/sublease to Chick-fil-A Restaurant franchisees and communicate all associated pass-through charges pursuant to Franchise Agreement
- Ensure proper accounting entries and accruals are made on both Chick-fil-A, Inc. financial statements and Restaurant Franchisee Fee Calculation Reports
- Assist with transition to new FASB lease accounting standard ASC 842
- Develop relationships across the business to be a trusted resource for lease information
- Perform ad-hoc projects and analysis to help support certain decisions and issues and to assist in other groups' goals and tasks
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple outstanding issues and deadlines at a given time
- Self-starter that demonstrates eagerness to learn and assume responsibility
- Excellent interpersonal & written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and with others in teams
- Aptitude for problem solving and innovation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must pass Chick-fil-A Accounting Test
- 2+ years accounting experience
- Experience reading, interpreting, and applying lease language
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in applying GAAP lease accounting principles per FASB ASC 840 and FASB ASC 842
- Experience in similar role working with retail leases
- Previous experience with Oracle Fusion and/or IBM TRIRIGA
- CPA License (awarded or in process)
By applying for this position, candidates may be considered for similar roles such as the following opportunities: Fixed Asset Accountant, Treasury Accountant, Lease Accountant, and Restaurant Financial Reporting Accountant. Available opportunities are listed on our career site.
Candidates will be placed based on their skills, interests, as well as the business needs of Chick-fil-A, Inc. If a candidate progresses to the interview phase, position preferences can be discussed during that time. Since we will consider you for each available opportunity, you only need to apply for one role.
Required Level of Education
Minimum GPA (4.0 Scale)
Meet Some of Chick-fil-A's Employees
Customer & Market Insights
Natalie focuses on understanding what consumers think about the brand, ensuring that the company's brand strategy and decision making process are informed by consumer perceptions and needs.
Back to top