2019 Tax Summer Intern
The Chick-fil-A Tax Department is responsible for multiple tax compliance, technology, special projects, research and audit defense functions for independently-owned franchised restaurants and corporate activities. As a Chick-fil-A Tax Summer Intern, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of tax areas including but not limited to Sales and Use Tax, Payroll Tax, and Income Tax. You will do this while serving Chick-fil-A franchisees, building your personal leadership brand, gaining tax knowledge, and preparing for a successful career.
Support the Tax Department's payroll, sales, and income tax teams by performing the following essential functions:
- Process and file payroll, sales, and income tax returns in timely manner to meet deadlines
- Reconcile general ledger tax liability accounts
- Research and answer local, state and/or federal agency correspondence regarding taxes, payments, and general account information
- Prepare state and local work-papers required for sales tax audits
- Research and analyze multijurisdictional tax issues in the areas of payroll, sales, and income tax
- Interview key leaders from various functional areas within financial services
- GPA: 3.2
- Currently enrolled junior, senior, or graduate student returning to school in fall 2019. Candidate must be pursuing a degree in Accounting, with an emphasis in taxation.
- Strong academic track record proven with GPA
- Computer skills including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook
Required Level of Education
Minimum GPA (4.0 Scale)
Back to top