2019 Sustainability (Food & Packaging Waste) Summer Intern
Sustainability at Chick-fil-A focuses on 3 areas: Food & Packaging Waste, Natural Resources and Campus. This internship provides a hands-on opportunity for an undergraduate student to learn about sustainability trends in the food service industry, as well as participate in sustainability strategy and implementation. The internship aims to provide real-world application to academic learning, focusing on embedding sustainability into an organization.
Support projects related to restaurant food & packaging waste initiatives, including but not limited to:
- Edible & inedible food waste projects (processing food scraps, composting, and other innovative technologies)
- Research nation-wide regulatory, compliance, & public policy related to environmental sustainability
- Research Innovations in Packaging
- Research Recycling Systems
- Participate in trade association calls, webinars, and/or conferences
- GPA: 3.0
- Current junior majoring in Sustainability; Environmental Sciences; Public Policy; Natural Resource Management; Environmental Health or other related major?
- Ability to think creatively and "outside the box"
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Flexible and willing to work in a dynamic, adaptable environment
- Systematic approach to problem-solving
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Demonstrated personal interest in environmental sustainability
- Study abroad
- College level courses in environmental science or public policy
Required Level of Education
Sustainability; Environmental Sciences; Public Policy; Natural Resource Management; Environmental Health or other related major
Minimum GPA (4.0 Scale)
Back to top