2019 Enterprise Analytics Summer Intern (Data Analytics)
The Enterprise Analytics team exists to equip and empower informed decision making through data and analytics.
Who are we looking for? It may be you, if you answer "yes" to the following questions.
- Are you a systems thinker who can provide data solutions to complex business problems?
- Do you have a knack for finding the right data hidden in organizational infrastructure?
- Are you skilled at quickly understanding data models and extracting useful information?
- Do you have experience with rapid system prototyping?
- Do you think, not just about systems' needs, but also about the broader business questions that someone may be trying to answer?
This role requires an individual adept at asking the right questions and listening well, in order to determine the key problem that the stakeholder is trying to address. You will utilize your knowledge and skills to address business challenges to improve efficiency and decision making, reduce redundancy, and enhance business results. The successful Enterprise Analytics intern will be able to:
- Work closely with the analysts in the line of business, empowering them to use data appropriately and effectively as they support their business areas.
- Translate business logic from legacy systems and non-systematized processes into Alteryx in a quick and accurate manner.
- Work closely and effectively with IT to ensure the appropriate raw data sets have been made available for downstream usage.
- Deliver value through data engineering, transformation, automation, and back-end visualization setup, as well as client communication deliverables.
- Support build-out of big data environments that enable analytics solutions on a variety of big data and analytics platforms (including Redshift, S3, Hive, Oracle, Alteryx, Tableau).
- Create appropriate documentation of solutions, architecture, automation workflows, and operation procedures to ensure future success and empower users.
- Automate end-to-end data validation to maintain accuracy of data sets.
- Strong academic track record supported by GPA (Min 3.2)
- Pursuing a degree in Management Information Systems, Business Analytics, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Decision Sciences, or a related field.
- Proficiency in data retrieval and manipulation programming languages (SQL, HiveQL, R, Scala, and/or Python)
- Ability to learn things quickly and work independently
- Attention to details, with the ability to understand the big picture
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree in a related field, such as: Analytics, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, MBA.
- Experience with AWS Big Data Stack of technologies (Redshift, S3, Lambda, etc)
- Experience with visualization platforms (Tableau, Qlikview, PowerBI, etc)
- Experience with Oracle ERP systems
Required Level of Education
Management Information Systems (MIS), Business Analytics, Decision Sciences, Engineering, Statistics, or related quantitative/technical discipline.
Minimum GPA (4.0 Scale)
Back to top