Video Surveillance Operator,Dispatch
Reporting to the Director of Safety and Security Operations and/or the Shift Security Supervisor, the Video Surveillance Operator (VSO) operates all surveillance equipment, quickly assesses the nature of routine and emergency calls, and dispatches support or resources accordingly. The VSO monitors all areas of the property and closely observes patrons, staff, and points of interest.
In all situations, the VSO performs their duties in a courteous, professional and restrained manner, through legal methods approved by law and adhere to Chicago Cubs policies.
This position is designated as an "essential employee" and may be required to stay beyond regular work hours and/or report in from off-duty to assist with minimum staffing coverage.
- Effectively operates all surveillance computer equipment, maintaining active visual security oversite of events, activities, and campus sites.
- Follow Cubs policies and Standard Operation Procedures (SOP).
- Reports improper activity or disturbances to Supervisor or Security team.
- Advise about location accidents and crowd congestion and other hazards to security personnel.
- See that all visitors coming into the building are escorted to the correct department according to SOP.
- Relay messages and information to or from security officers using two-way radios or telephones.
- Monitor fire and door alarm systems.
- Maintain a written log of and record incidents, requests, or services performed.
- Notify police, fire department, or appropriate security personnel in an emergency situation.
Essential Functions under Certain Circumstance:
- As a member of the Security staff, is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of the buildings and employees by monitoring the safety systems during baseball games, on weekends, and holidays, or at special events (concerts and other non-baseball events).
- This position is required to work shifts, must be able see, hear, and speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers. Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time, pushing /pulling/carrying lifting may include up to 25lbs (event evacuation), stair climbing, sit, twist, turn, bend as required to perform duties within the facility.
- Two years Video Surveillance Operator experience.
- High school diploma.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Excellent organizational abilities to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and consistently meet tight deadlines or targets.
- Understands the need for information integrity, emphasizing on accurate, timely information.
- Ability to operate and communicate under pressure.
- An effective communicator, both orally and written.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet manipulation.
- Strong ability to create and thrive in a team environment, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school
- Video Surveillance training
- ISS 24/7 software experience
The Chicago Cubs are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top