Part-Time Sales Assistant
Chicago Cubs Part-Time Associates play vital roles in executing day-to-day tasks and activities within their respective departments. The ideal candidate will be consistent, energetic, engaging, passionate, personable, proactive, and reliable. These positions will be scheduled for 25-30 hours per week. Departmental placement of successful applicants will be determined per required qualifications and through the screening and selection process.
The Part-Time Ticket Sales Assistant will assist the Managers of Group Sales, Business Development and Premier Sales with all aspects of sales operations including sales initiatives, research and support.
- Assist in distributing sales leads to full-time Group Sales, Business Development and Premier Sales staff through voicemail, online, in-person networking and e-mail
- Work with the Managers of Group Sales, Business Development and Premier Sales, the Ticket Operations team, and the IT team to prepare home stand reports as well as game day reports
- Assist in the creation of sales materials including proposals, presentations and preparation for meetings and appointments
- Help facilitate customer benefits such as Marquee photos, scoreboard messages, as well as on-field events and activities for customers and prospects
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding add-on orders, invoicing, ticket delivery, and troubleshooting
- Support the Group Sales, Business Development and Premier Sales teams with other miscellaneous and administrative tasks as they come up throughout the season
- Research best practice for other sports and entertainment venues and initiatives
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organization
- Proficiency with MS Office, specifically Power Point and Excel, and a demonstrated ability to learn and master new technology as needed
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, think creatively and problem solve
- Must be available to work from March-December 2017.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- College Degree in: Business, Sports Management, Communications, Hospitality, Marketing, or related field
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM software
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, or other graphic design software
- Familiarity with ticketing system, such as Tickets.com a plus
- Minimum of 1 year of sales, customer service, or administrative experience
The Chicago Cubs are an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Inside the Office of Chicago Cubs
The Chicago Cubs are a professional baseball team and one of two remaining charter members of Major League Baseball’s National League. Cubs fans can watch the action live at Chicago’s historic Wrigley Field or at away games across the country. Fans can get the latest news on players and events at the yearly Cubs Convention or by reading Vine Line—the official Cubs magazine.
Back to top